Manticore

strick

I got lucky and got a Manticore on the first shipment.  Yesterday evening after work I had about 30 min to play with it before it got dark. Air tested some bottle caps and gold rings. Third pic is the ID of the 3 gram gold ring alone. Forth pic is the bottle cap and gold ring about 4 inched apart. The machine easily detects both targets tone and vid. 

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail (5).jpeg

thumbnail (3).jpeg

thumbnail (4).jpeg

I then moved the little ring about 2 inches from the cap...the machine blended both tones together as well as the vid where you can see it up averaged both targets in the second photo.  I was in the stock general program straight out of the box. 

thumbnail (1).jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

Next I took out a 7 gram gold ring. Second pic is the ring alone vid. Then I put the ring on top of the cap and the 4th pic is the vid. The tone is loud and clear. Then I placed the ring under the cap and it is still easy to hear but a slightly higher tone and the vid moves way to the right of the screen last 2 pics. 

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail (1).jpeg

thumbnail (3).jpeg

thumbnail (2).jpeg

thumbnail (4).jpeg

thumbnail (5).jpeg

So far I like the machine. I went to a beach in Santa Cruz today. Used the machine for about 4-5 hours in the middle of a storm got soaked but had fun...no great finds 2 junk rings, some coins, tent stakes and yes a few bottle caps as well. I was digging everything so I can learn the machine. The good targets ring up right in the middle. It was easy to tell that the target was a trash target but I dug them anyways. Everything I found I could have easily found with the equinox. Tomorrow I'm gonna hit a park or two and see what happens. 

strick 

Thanks stick, I've been waiting for some end user information about it while I'm sitting here stewing mine hasn't been shipped to me yet.

It will come soon enough I'm sure. I put myself on several lists and got lucky. It snaps together in a couple minutes. The cam locks are of good quality and don't twist if you tighten them up nice and snug. The tones are very nice...better the the Nox in my opinion. I just don't know yet if its going to be deeper then the Nox it certainly is better for trash thats for sure, when you use the all metal mode there is a red line that shows up on the top of the graph...kinda cool. Its very well built machine...I think Minelab did it right this time around...well have to see about dunking it but I'm in no hurry to do that lol. 

strick 

Great luck. 👍 Law of large numbers works! 😀 I'm glad you of all people got a first shot at it, looking forward to your success with it.