Manticore Gold Rings Vid

strick

11 hours ago, PSPR said:

I would like to know if the rings are coming in as a near perfect dot on the TT like a coin or if some of them are more spread out it you can speak to that 

I was doing air tests to get the ID so yes they were all a perfect dot. 

9 hours ago, mn90403 said:

We all know size and shape can change numbers.  I don't know here if rings size/diameter will graph into something meaningful.

Yea shape makes a big difference for sure. One of the outlier rings that jasong was referring to in the low gram section had a onyx stone and a couple small diamonds. The heavier gold rings I call zinc penny rings. I've acid tested every gold ring I have to confirm the grade.  I have others that are not stamped that I did not include in the test because I forgot if they were 10K or 14K rings..I did this yesterday after work. 

strick 

Thanks strick!!  It seems you are the only one on this forum with a Manticore and you are working hard to do searches, tests and get info posted here and reply to our questions.  I really appreciate the work you are doing with us in mind.

22 hours ago, PSPR said:

Thanks strick!!  It seems you are the only one on this forum with a Manticore and you are working hard to do searches, tests and get info posted here and reply to our questions.  I really appreciate the work you are doing with us in mind.

Yea no problem I feel like I need to do this as part of the community. Also I need to do it for myself as I learn the machine. I'm certain most of you who bought the machine will like it. Got to use it again today for a couple more hours will post in the park thred. Hoping you guys get your machines soon. 

strick 

• 8 months later...

we loves the preciouses charts and graphs.....we're a bit of a stat monkey...also.... just tested gold jewelry, mostly very old, also noted.......all o'er the place..... 

so.....we can put a man..on the moon... but we're still at a dig it all level of tech with machines! 😁

my 800 didn't have a center line, I did test and got some trash and gold with the same/close VDI, but tone and center line were the tip the scales towards digging

off topic...wonder when they'll drop the CTX4040 or whatever it'll be called. sold mine, too heavy, Manti higher potential than the 800, all the VDI charts helpful, thanks-

• 3 months later...

Thank you very much for so much valuable information!

Knowing this data, I'm thinking doing a quick survey in a pool that has a lot of grass around it... I did a tasting a few years ago, and there are objects of all kinds since 50 years ago, and no one has detected it, it is a club private.

Perhaps a cherry picking could be trimmed for gold rings, taking advantage of how well the Manticore can be optimized:

- discriminate everything outside 18 to 54 and between 29 to 31 (Euro zone and pull tabs). 

- close the upper and lower ferrous limits to the minimum, leaving only the "cleanest".

The land is free of iron, it is fill dirt and grass. Maybe I could do a test... It's a crazy idea, but it could work 🫣😅

On 12/14/2022 at 6:13 PM, strick said:

What did I learn? Nothing I already knew dig it all if you want to find gold. 

🤣

Well, at least you're honest about it! Which is in stark contrast to some of the Manti owners claiming their ID plotter "2D screen", can differentiate between aluminum trash and gold jewelry. It seems delusion, wishful thinking, and confirmation bias is still a thing.

• 1 month later...

Really have enjoyed thread because I just got the Manicore, coming from Equinox 800 (4 of them - 2 drowned) and CTX 3030 (drowned 2) and Excal II (can't drown).

I took gander at data and plotted chart of VID to Gold ring weight (g) is shown below (double checked data 2x).  Slightly different from the figure earlier.  I also calculated the correlation (R) between the weight and VID and it was R= .60, which is very high and significant; as weight increases Manicore VID increases.  What is really important to note is that the real heavy clunkers, say 10g, are in the same range as CENTS!  Dig them cents.

I also looked at the 2-D image for 7 gold rings in my, errr, my wife's possession, formally mine.  The same relationship applied - as weight increases so does the VID.  But I found the 2-D image most interesting - when in close range (say 6-8") the screen gave a 2-D circular image of about 2-3mm.  HOWEVER, as the gold ring is increased in distance from the coil, the circular image on the display starts to elongate along the horizontal line.  At near threshold in terms of detection, the gold ring image fragments into light colored blobs centered all along the horizontal line.  

Just yesterday morning I was detecting a beach at low tide with the Manicore and I recall several instances where I got a near threshold image of horizontal blobs.  I passed because I thought it was noise.  No doubt deep, but that gold drops like an anchor and soon disappears forever.  Only problem with Manicore is the musical sounds; can't hear the dang things.  Only in seawater boost.

Happy hunting 

Gold Ring Size vs Manicore VID.png