Manticore Gold Rings Vid

strick

I just picked them out of the box...Only tested ones that were stamped with the exception of the first one which I estimated to be almost pure gold as I found it in a mining camp in the foot hills. Sorry for the random assortment. Tried to do a spread sheet but I failed so a pic is the best I could do lol. What did I learn? Nothing I already knew dig it all if you want to find gold. Last pictures are of the mining camp ring eye candy. 🙂

strick 

thumbnail (3).jpeg

thumbnail (4).jpeg

20180512_144002.jpeg

20180512_143049.jpeg

20180512_143219.jpeg

I needed an excuse to try out Google Sheets and I love me some data + visualization. I removed the plat ring and the bracelet for consistency.

image.png.14a3e7391fd4a9f8498864bd411dfd13.png

Would be interesting to see how the two clear outlier rings are different from the rest in design or whatever else - 1.79 gram and 3.73 grammers. To an extent the 15 gram and 11.6 grammer are a little out of the general trend line too, but not really as much as those first two.

I'm not sure if it really says anything new though, like you said. Other than there appears to be a trend between VDI and weight, for rings. And it appears to be somewhat independent of karat. 

The karat vs VDI chart is harder to get anything visual and useful with standard charts.

I tried a using a polar coordinates chart instead. And here it basically shows close to the majority of rings are under 20 VDI. Going out to 40 VDI encompasses the majority of the outliers. And the few past 40 VDI are just the real straggler outliers left over.

Really though, it seems if you extend out to 31 VDI, that encompasses the general majority. 

image.png.1aa5d94d6f24dd3c6017947d03d5b85d.png

I have absolutely no idea what is normal or not. I'm just going to buy a Manitcore and start using it for yard detecting as well as gold prospecting, so just checking out the data out of curiosity. 

I need to keep my yards in good shape as they are investment properties or owned by friends, and when I use a VLF for nuggets it's just to do ultra-specific cherry picking among trash. So was just kinda curious to make this data visual in some way that I could easily remember.

Of course it all changes depending on the ground, but good reference anyways.

*Edit ah! here is a style that formats this type of data well - a histogram. Basically shows the same thing though - the majority are under 31 VDI.

image.png.51d3a190d498623c0b7ca026cd511cc3.png

That was quick Jasong. I like the first and last chart. The middle one I don't remember seeing 33 years ago when I took statistics and probability in college lol. Guys like you are the quarter backs and wide receivers. I'm just a lineman so I keep digging and digging. I did a spread sheet but was unable to load it...something about the wrong extension. Thanks for making it easy to see. One thing to consider The heaviest gold jewelry I did not include in the data. Gold chain with crucifix was a 7 if I remember right... and that was bunched up in my hand. The machine will only see the crucifix but I have not tested it in the prospecting tones yet as it might see the chain there. But for sure it will ring vary low. Thanks again!

strick 

For some reason the axis labels on the last chart got reversed (I pencilled in the correct labels now), oops. Not sure how I did that but, I deleted all the data I typed in already though so I can't redo it. But anyways, it more or less speaks for itself - it's just supposed to say VDI on the bottom and karats on the side. And the majority of rings are under 31 VDI. 

I usually use Excel but on a new computer here so trying the Google Sheets app out, still learning. 

44 minutes ago, jasong said:

here is a style that formats this type of data well - a histogram.

When histogramming you can choose the bin breaks rather than letting Excel do it for you.  You make a column (or row) of the bin edges and there's a place in the histogram fill-in window to tell Excel where to get them.  Here it chose {5,18,31,44,57,70} so a bin width of 13.  Maybe it has 13 fingers but most of us humans don't!

Well those are all pretty close.  Nothing over 99 and nothing under zero.  That narrows it down!  :biggrin:

I would like to know if the rings are coming in as a near perfect dot on the TT like a coin or if some of them are more spread out it you can speak to that, strick.

A stat that could be equally meaningless would be ring size.

We all know size and shape can change numbers.  I don't know here if rings size/diameter will graph into something meaningful.