Good Base Programs And Settings For Wet Ground?

parkgt

2 hours ago, parkgt said:

Are there base programs and/or settings that are considered better for wet mild soil for general detecting?

Program 1, General, and the 3 water programs, Diving, Beach 1 and 2. All 3 use Conductive soil subtraction, here is an excerpt from XP:

"Conductive soil subtraction. GENERAL uses low and high frequencies and gives an excellent assessment of targets in the soil. It suits both beginners and experienced users. It offers an excellent target/false signal ratio in the ground, as it rejects the moisture in the soils, which can cause halos and false sounds when passing over holes, for example.

You will therefore have more confidence on deep targets. This damp / wet soil subtraction thus attenuates the very low electric conductors like coke (coal, and conductive stone) and to a lesser extent certain very thin targets like aluminum foil."

6 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Program 1, General, and the 3 water programs, Diving, Beach 1 and 2. All 3 use Conductive soil subtraction, here is an excerpt from XP:

F350Platinum do you have any field use of them that demonstrated that they were better in wet soil?  So far I haven't run across any testing reports or video of various programs in wet soil.

1 hour ago, parkgt said:

F350Platinum do you have any field use of them that demonstrated that they were better in wet soil?  So far I haven't run across any testing reports or video of various programs in wet soil.

I'm almost completely a field user over a tester. 🙂 I can tell you that I've used general with some mods and find it to be very accurate even at depth. My soil here is almost always moist and non-mineralized. It may get drier by August, sometimes we get July droughts, but the last two years we've got a lot of rain.

From reading the instructions and marketing hype regarding every new detector, it feels to me that if anything XP understates the abilities of its machines, so I'm inclined to trust how the instruction manual reads. What I posted was from XP mode descriptions.

I can also say that Relic and some of the other fancy programs like Deep HC work well, but eat battery, and are very specific. My mistake at first was diving right into those thinking it would give me some advantage 🤪 It most certainly did not.

With my Equinox I started out in 50 tones in field, and ultimately ended up preferring 5 tones in Park 1, just an analogy.

With the Deus I'm trying the different tone modes, there are quite a few, and right now I like square/full tones. That may change.

It's all about "trigger time", and finding what works best for you. If you're a "tester" with a moist test garden and a dry one, you'll fast track to your preference. 🙂

12 hours ago, parkgt said:

Are there base programs and/or settings that are considered better for wet mild soil for general detecting?

The Relic program also uses Conductive Soil Subtraction so it's works well on wet ground.

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm almost completely a field user over a tester. 🙂 I can tell you that I've used general with some mods and find it to be very accurate even at depth. My soil here is almost always moist and non-mineralized. It may get drier by August, sometimes we get July droughts, but the last two years we've got a lot of rain.

From reading the instructions and marketing hype regarding every new detector, it feels to me that if anything XP understates the abilities of its machines, so I'm inclined to trust how the instruction manual reads. What I posted was from XP mode descriptions.

I can also say that Relic and some of the other fancy programs like Deep HC work well, but eat battery, and are very specific. My mistake at first was diving right into those thinking it would give me some advantage 🤪 It most certainly did not.

With my Equinox I started out in 50 tones in field, and ultimately ended up preferring 5 tones in Park 1, just an analogy.

With the Deus I'm trying the different tone modes, there are quite a few, and right now I like square/full tones. That may change.

It's all about "trigger time", and finding what works best for you. If you're a "tester" with a moist test garden and a dry one, you'll fast track to your preference. 🙂

Great reply! Gary Blackwell stated in one of his videos that the "General" program is best for wetter ground,