My Manticore Will Arrive Tomorrow

You can bet your sweet patunia I won't max out the sensitivity.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Everyone that hasn't used one thinks that just because you can go o 35 you should. You soon find out that isn't the best way to run the Manticore. I get comments on my videos all the time that I need to run the sensitivity higher. Yea OK

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, abenson said:

Everyone that hasn't used one thinks that just because you can go o 35 you should. You soon find out that isn't the best way to run the Manticore.

I'm glad you emphasize that.Β  There's a tendency (and in many cases justified) to assume that tricks/techniques learned on old detectors apply to new ones.Β  The more I read about both the old and the new the more I realize there's danger in that practice.Β  You and others here are thankfully not as set in your ways when it comes to this.

Β 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'm glad you emphasize that.Β  There's a tendency (and in many cases justified) to assume that tricks/techniques learned on old detectors apply to new ones.Β  The more I read about both the old and the new the more I realize there's danger in that practice.Β  You and others here are thankfully not as set in your ways when it comes to this.

Β 

I have a tendency to run my detectors hot. But I also recognize when too much sensitivity is counter productive. Metal detectors such as the Axiom, Equinox 900 and Manticore all have sensitivity levels that are way more than one needs in most cases. But in certain circumstances it's nice to have the extra boost if you can use it.

• Like 4

Yes, less is more when it comes to Manticore sensitivity.Β  Cranking it right up is counter productive.Β  It's plenty deep on lower sensitivity settings.Β  The Nox 800 lost depth quite quickly on lower sensitivity levels, I'm not seeing that with the Manticore.

• Like 5

I know have the 900, Legend and with the Manticore on the way. It may be Super Sunday or Stupid Sunday.My wildcard is the Vista X for depth checks only. Hope we have good weather.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Capphd said:

FedEx was supposed to deliver mine yesterday, but it’s been stuck in Fort Worth for Β 3 days . Hopefully, you’ll have better luck.Β 

I think I will blame Minelab if mine runs late. What the hell. Everyone else does it. Right?😁

• Haha 1