How Many Of You Have Purchased The Manticore From Cabela's/bass Pro?

3 minutes ago, Geezer said:

I am not concerned for me, I am concerned that someone else does not know the risk. I have been through this. The harm is not what they steal, it is cleaning up the mess created by it.

Sorry to hear someone stole your identity, a bit sheltered in this part of the world from this problem it seems so doesn't even cross my mind.

16 hours ago, gormanr.rg said:

Still waiting in Mountain Home. I’m hanging out until Gerry has them in. His service, training and support is outstanding and worth the wait. Blessings

Great to see you on Detector Prospector Richard and I hope to see you post a few of your detecting treasures.  Thanks for the customer loyalty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

The only things posted by snail mail these days are junk mail and bills 🙂  People don't steal mail to rummage though and try find someones birthday money from Great Granny Betsy anymore.

1 hour ago, Geezer said:

People do indeed steal mail, but not for birthday money. Chicken feed. Your birthday would be more valuable to them. This is nothing to be casual about. I am surprised to see you make a joke out of this.

Yeah.  Big problem here in the States.  People are robbing mailmen just to steal their post box keys so they can help themselves to credit cards and gift cards sent through the mail and cash in until the cards are cancelled.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

14 hours ago, Northeast said:

I have never used my Equinox 800 underwater but now I happen to have the means to do just that.  Are you suggesting that if it drowned, even though it is outside warranty period, that Minelab should have to replace it as it is absolutely a known issue? 

As a dealer that works with Repair Facilities more than most, I "wound not" expect Minelab to cover an out of warranty leak.  I'm not saying they won't as each situation is different, but that's thin ice out there.

On a side note, I have customers who are hardcore detectorists and once they get under a year of remaining transferable warranty, they either trade in their detector towards a new one, or it becomes their Back Up and they order a new primary detector.

• Like 4