Want To See If I Can Remember Your Older Detector?

Turtle corp I forget the model so let's just call it the Turtle.I bought it not so much for water hunting as I did for hunting in the pouring down rain. I would sometimes pack it along on Steelhead fishing adventures. what I remember and hated about it was that in order to tune it one would have to open the control box to do whatever settings with a little plastic gearwheel then take a pencil with eraser and gently press on a small thin metallic pad to set the threshold or whatever? A real pain in the Arse! 

12 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

Was not a Bounty Hunter Fan. Big Bud Pro was one I still have.

big bud.jpg

I remember that one! Dreamed of having the money to get one because I thought it was the best thing available when it came out. Maybe it was? All I know is I wanted one bad.

On 2/18/2023 at 7:32 AM, GB_Amateur said:

Go for it, George!

Heathkit_metal-detector.thumb.JPG.84da7fb27e31f525d92879d919698111.JPG

This is a HEATHKIT GD-48 metal detector in this picture. I built one from a kit in 1968. It was my second detector. The first detector I had was a homemade unit that I built from an article in Popular Electronics magazine. It used a transistor radio as the receiver, and the transmitter and coil worked with a simple single transistor circuit.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2023 at 6:51 AM, kac said:

Is that a detector repairing device I see in hte background?

I believe it was a device designed to fix the Simplex target ID instability.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, D&P-OR said:

Compas Relic Magnum----true love!! 🙂

I used a Judge for awhile no complaints.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GeoBill said:

Gold Mountain King Cobra. Bought this back in '80's when it came out because could break down and carry in backpack when helicoptering around Alaska. Never got to use it for that but a lot of fun in the park. Still have it somewhere in the garage, and yes, I also have the 4" coil. I should dig it out and have a go.

It was apparently a Tesoro copy so wasn't around for long. I remember someone was selling copies of the pcb board to build your own which I regret not buying. Would have been a fun project.

Cheers

image.thumb.png.2f4639a415d8b6d221428ac150d61e0c.png

One of my all time favorites. Sold it many years ago to a friend. two tone audio I.D..

4 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

I used a Judge for awhile no complaints.

Yes I had several.

17 hours ago, Glenn in CO said:

Metro Tech 220A

AH Pro Backpacker and Pro

I had the Pro then Super Pro. Very little depth but would eliminate iron signals.

2 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

Yes I had several.

I have used many Compass Detectors. I still own a Mint Coin Magnum. My favorite Compass was the Gold Scanner Pro from the Early 2000.

comass.jpg

• Like 1