Want To See If I Can Remember Your Older Detector?

5 hours ago, RickUK said:

Arado 120b in the day they had been like a Equinox of today,i still own 2 very good conditions ones,albeit i dont tend to use them much these days as they are reasonably heavy but still very deep.

Yes my first overseas purchase in late 70's.

13 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Here's one you may not have used....

https://www.nexusdetectors.com/articlespg4.html

My second detector was a Bounty Hunter Red Baron 7 D. Can't remember the small company brand of my first simple BFO unit back around 1969 or so when I was in Jr. High.

Yep . RB5, RB7, Mini RB and RB10. Found some nice Confederate Buttons in Cenreville Va. Late 1980's

13 hours ago, jim tn said:

1972, Jetco (Mustang, maybe?) HH Jim Tn

Yes Sir. Used it for a Line on the floor when playing darts. I smashed it to pieces trying to be a Rock Star. Oh my.

• Haha 1

Bounty Hunter Rebel

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RickUK said:

Arado 120b in the day they had been like a Equinox of today,i still own 2 very good conditions ones,albeit i dont tend to use them much these days as they are reasonably heavy but still very deep.

15 hours ago, RickUK said:

The new Arado never took off. Two expensive so I passed on getting one. Cheers.

8 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Bounty Hunter Rebel

Was not a Bounty Hunter Fan. Big Bud Pro was one I still have.

big bud.jpg

• Like 1

Relco... Don't know if there was a model but the ad stated... You Can Find Treasure!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

Was not a Bounty Hunter Fan. Big Bud Pro was one I still have.

big bud.jpg

Bounty Hunter was the first "Real" detector I used. My 2nd cousin took me under his wing at the age of 7 to go detecting. After using a radio shack ($19.99), he found a dealer and bought the Rebel, a BFO unit. I think it was copper color.  Hot rocks never sounded better 😄 Then he upgraded to a Bounty Hunter Outlaw (the one with the good/bad meter). I can't even find a picture of the Rebel online.

• Like 1

Gold Mountain King Cobra. Bought this back in '80's when it came out because could break down and carry in backpack when helicoptering around Alaska. Never got to use it for that but a lot of fun in the park. Still have it somewhere in the garage, and yes, I also have the 4" coil. I should dig it out and have a go.

It was apparently a Tesoro copy so wasn't around for long. I remember someone was selling copies of the pcb board to build your own which I regret not buying. Would have been a fun project.

Cheers

image.thumb.png.2f4639a415d8b6d221428ac150d61e0c.png

• Like 2