Minelab Vanquish Successor Predictions

The word «obsolete» was used by Minelab when presented the technology multi-IQ. In other words, in your opinion, are single-frequency detectors just as effective as multi-frequency detectors in identifying the ground conditions (especially beach), the identification and stability in vdi numbers in separation and the depth? Then why they made the simultaneous multi frequency metal detectors? Watch the video that I mentioned and you will realize the difference.

12 hours ago, George1971 said:

The word «obsolete» was used by Minelab when presented the technology multi-IQ. In other words, in your opinion, are single-frequency detectors just as effective as multi-frequency detectors in identifying the ground conditions (especially beach), the identification and stability in vdi numbers in separation and the depth? Then why they made the simultaneous multi frequency metal detectors? Watch the video that I mentioned and you will realize the difference.

I think there is a lot of marketing and that Minelab have to sell...

With 'obsolete' they have succeeded.

I love the Vanquish, honestly I don't see a successor for it, it's and will be an incredible entrance detector. Multi IQ works.

I'm a Beach Hunter, I hunt by ear, for me the ID is secondary. And Xt Pro works perfectly. I got a Nox 800 too.

I also like the GPX 5000...

IMG_20230902_083155.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm recommending the X-Terra Pro to people who ask me on the beach, simply from what I've seen here from those who use it. I'm perfectly happy with my high end detector but when folks want to get started they might as well get something that has a watered down feature set from the big dogs, and a similar feel. Makes for an easier transition to the higher end if they get hooked.

Honestly I'm tempted to get one myself just because of how inexpensive it is.

• Like 2

StarVatrex, since you have Nox 800 why are you using the X-Terra pro? Also, I totally agree with you about hunting by ear. Of course, the processor that has a metal detector also plays a big role, but the fact that the soil is processed by 3 or 5 frequencies at the same time gives a big advantage to simultaneous  multi-frequency detectors. Have you ever used Vanquish 540?

F350Platinum, you recommend X-terra Pro, what have you seen from those who use it compared with Vanquish or Equinox or other detectors?

I am trying to stay with what I would like to see on a Vanquish successor. I think I already said it, but I’ll say it again. Minelab, please put a Multi IQ only detector in the fully waterproofed X-Terra Pro platform with ground balance, limited features and a good rechargeable battery system. I don’t trust my out of warranty Equinox 800 in deeper fresh or salt water. The Legends I own I trust completely but a $400 Multi IQ only X-Terra Pro would be awesome.

• Like 3

I'm sure at some point you will get your wish Jeff, with technology hitting a wall all that's left now is various paint jobs over the years. 🙂

We will see lots of different design detectors with similar guts adjusted in small ways to suit the model.  At least with Minelab they'll embrace new wireless technology (and limit it too) and other beneficial features like modern screen and battery technology to improve detectors in other ways.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George1971 said:

StarVatrex, since you have Nox 800 why are you using the X-Terra pro? Also, I totally agree with you about hunting by ear. Of course, the processor that has a metal detector also plays a big role, but the fact that the soil is processed by 3 or 5 frequencies at the same time gives a big advantage to simultaneous  multi-frequency detectors. Have you ever used Vanquish 540?

F350Platinum, you recommend X-terra Pro, what have you seen from those who use it compared with Vanquish or Equinox or other detectors?

The Xt Pro arrived as a return sign of a Manticore booked last Christmas.

The idea of using it as a replacement for my old Nox, the possibility of use the coils and headphones I already had; and the IP68 certification did the rest.

Obviously the price was also a great ally. 

And since the day I tried it, the Nox has gone out for a walk a couple of times, no more. Why?...

For me, over the years and taking into account that I only use it on the beach, there are two types of detectors:

The hot ones and the ones that aren't.

I don't go into Single Frequency, Multiple, high or low weighting of this, posibility of GB,iron bias or recovery speed.

There are machines that love Gold and others that don't even smell it...

If you like water, you will end up hunting by ear. And false objectives will be your headache. In that last detail the Xt Pro stands out even above the Nox!

Both the processor (faster) and the Audio (dP) are one step above the old Nox. It is a clear heir to the new generation of 700-900's.

It's not a Nox, but it's a tremendously hot machine, that's fine with me.

Today, it's half Nox. I've been using the 11' coill for some time...

VDI identification is poor to very poor. Normal in an SF after 6 inches.

The backlit keyboard and the vibration function are a success. And the possibility of submerging it 5 meters opens a new field of search.

Looking at the price of the new Manticora coils, I think it is one of the best investments of the moment. 😉

No, I don't have a Vanquish. But I've used both a 340 and a 540. If I don't have one it's for the 'Threshold'. It won't be detected without the buzzing in the my ears...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2023 at 12:22 PM, phrunt said:

I'm sure at some point you will get your wish Jeff, with technology hitting a wall all that's left now is various paint jobs over the years. 🙂

We will see lots of different design detectors with similar guts adjusted in small ways to suit the model.  At least with Minelab they'll embrace new wireless technology (and limit it too) and other beneficial features like modern screen and battery technology to improve detectors in other ways.

I got my wish but looks like Santa is leaving me a Nokta Score instead of a Multi IQ X-Terra Pro. Thanks Nokta!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I got my wish but looks like Santa is leaving me a Nokta Score instead of a Multi IQ X-Terra Pro. Thanks Nokta!!!!

Yep.  This is what the updated Vanquish should be (abd should have been).  I always thought adding a middle of the road single frequency mode like Nokta has done with Score is a great move.  Adding a single general purpose Multi-IQ mode to the X-Terra Pro would fill the niche as well.

• Like 1