Deus 2 Short Curb Strip Hunt Gold

On 4/6/2023 at 2:43 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

So, I concentrated on the gold and silver range of target IDs specifically any good sounding target with a consistent ID of 59 to 63

Good job on the ring find!  
I think you need to reevaluate the numbers of the range on gold rings you are trying to find. Looking at some Deus 2 test charts and checking multiple gold targets would also help. 

9 hours ago, midalake said:

Good job on the ring find!  
I think you need to reevaluate the numbers of the range on gold rings you are trying to find. Looking at some Deus 2 test charts and checking multiple gold targets would also help. 

I already made a very thorough gold ring chart before I sold all of my scrap gold rings when gold topped $1900 per ounce US. 

In thick aluminum trash of all sizes with Deus 2 aluminum target IDs from the mid 30s to high 90s and coin popping only, no shovel digging, I have to pick my poison carefully and hunt areas repeatedly, concentrating on different groups of potential gold ring target IDs. Digging everything is absolutely not an option here.

12 hours ago, Elbert said:

That s a bunch of digging. My knees hurt just  looking at the finds.  Nice rings.

My knees hurt too!!!!! But I still try to average 40 to 50 targets an hour when I am in a really trashed area like that with good coin and ring potential. I don't spend too much time interrogating targets. Once I am fairly certain about the target’s low/medium/high conductivity and depth and maybe even its identity, I'm digging.

Jeff

Ditto on the sore knees.

I've been detecting almost every day here at the fairgrounds since ground thaw a few weeks ago..

I just moved from the carnival area to camping. 

Still lots of tabs and caps , and zincs !! 

If there was only one thing I have learned here it's target IDs are not rules , but more like guidelines....  arrrrrrrr !

My first silver( in the carnival area )was a Nox 20 ID  and def NOT a zinc !

Yesterday I found a RV door key ,,, ID 20.   And yes ,,,,,,, it fits my door .

Dig those tabs and zincs folks !

I'm even considering investigating some of those iron ID grunts......