Manticore With Trx Pinpointer

RSmith

I am wondering if anybody else is having trouble with interference between the Manticore and the whites TRX pinpointer. 

It appears it is with the noise cancel channel, the Manticore chooses.

-sometimes it will work fine,

-sometimes it will work, but be very weak,

-and sometimes it will have troubles turning on, and makes the manticore go crazy.

I had to buy both act the same way.

I am open for suggestions for a different pinpointer.

I am looking at the F-pulse, mi4, and possibly profind35. ( I have had some Garrett’s but didn’t like them)

Thanks,

RSmith

I've got a Nokta pulsedive and depending on how close the coil is to the pinpointer I can get varying degrees of interference between the two.  If I get interference I just move the detector coil further away and it usually solves the issue. 

4 hours ago, RSmith said:

I am wondering if anybody else is having trouble with interference between the Manticore and the whites TRX pinpointer. 

It appears it is with the noise cancel channel, the Manticore chooses.

-sometimes it will work fine,

-sometimes it will work, but be very weak,

-and sometimes it will have troubles turning on, and makes the manticore go crazy.

I had to buy both act the same way.

I am open for suggestions for a different pinpointer.

I am looking at the F-pulse, mi4, and possibly profind35. ( I have had some Garrett’s but didn’t like them)

Thanks,

RSmith

No problem here for me.. my problem with the trx are its not waterproof anymore and I need a new case lol

trx.thumb.jpg.cfbfdec05d93f165529c3b39c3f78cf3.jpg

Hopefully it will keep working forever... ,I have 2 profind 35 ( got 1 for free with the manticore) and I don't use em that much.. 

17 hours ago, Yatahaze323 said:

I've got a Nokta pulsedive and depending on how close the coil is to the pinpointer I can get varying degrees of interference between the two.  If I get interference I just move the detector coil further away and it usually solves the issue. 

I have tried moving the detector away …. But at times I have to move it 15 feet away to use TRX.

In crowded parks, that is too far for my comfort. 

I usually just turn off the Manticore, but over the course of a 4 hour hunt, that’s too many times turning detector on and off. 

One thing that has helped, I turn on the TRX, then while it is on I noise cancel. 
It has helped a lot … but …. Is that  going to reduce the Manticore’s ability to detect the deeper, fainter targets?

RSmith

I'm pretty sure the manticore is gonna noise cancel out the trx because its causing the detector the most emi at that point in time, but when you turn off the trx the noise cancel channel that the manticore is on may not be the best choice.  Since Fishersari said they're not having any issues maybe there's something with you're trx that's causing it.  can you turn down the power level for the trx?

Here's a bunch or random ideas to try, have you tried going to the noise cancel screen and manually switch the channel up/down one when using the trx and then switch it back when you're done pinpointing? Does putting the manticore in pinpoint mode while the trx is on still cause interference? If you push the menu button and go to the ground balance screen while the trx is on, is there still interference? 

18 hours ago, Yatahaze323 said:

I'm pretty sure the manticore is gonna noise cancel out the trx because its causing the detector the most emi at that point in time, but when you turn off the trx the noise cancel channel that the manticore is on may not be the best choice.  Since Fishersari said they're not having any issues maybe there's something with you're trx that's causing it.  can you turn down the power level for the trx?

Here's a bunch or random ideas to try, have you tried going to the noise cancel screen and manually switch the channel up/down one when using the trx and then switch it back when you're done pinpointing? Does putting the manticore in pinpoint mode while the trx is on still cause interference? If you push the menu button and go to the ground balance screen while the trx is on, is there still interference? 

That is my concern. 

When I noise cancel with TRX on, all appears good with no interference. But when I finish digging and have recovered my target I turn off the TRX. 

Now will this noise cancel channel without the effects of the pin pointer be wrong for this area and cause me to miss targets?

I would think that, since noise cancel will cancel out the EMI, and EMI reduces the amount of depth you can achieve, … then …. The added effect caused by noise cancel with the TRX on would make the detection depth even less than if l only noise cancel with the TRX off. 

I have not yet tried manually temporarily adjusting the noise cancel or ground balance. 

I have tried moving the Manticore away… but it must be several feet away to not interfere. 

My sensitivity on the TRX is on max …  It helps finding the small pieces of foil and I use it for small gold also. 

I do not notice the TRX falsing as others have noted. It does act that way but as this post alludes to, I have found it is only the interference of the detectors. With the detector off it all goes away. 

RSmith

I only have limited time with the Manticore+TRX, but have not noticed anything different than with the many hundreds of hours of Eqx800+TRX.  It may well depend upon settings on both, though.

I wonder if there is a malfunction in your TRX which produces EMI noise, causing it to mess with the Manticore.

I use the TRX with my MC and have had no issues in AT-G or AT-LC. Were you using AT-HC when you had the issues? The TRX operates at 12kHz which may be similar to AT-HC.