When To Charge The Battery Of The Coils?

Odin

Hello everyone, I have a question that I cannot find, at what battery level do you charge the coil? How far can the battery be discharged? before putting it to charge?, and that it does not damage the battery, since lipo batteries cannot drop more than 3.3v so that they do not get damaged, because the PDA and the ws6 headphones in the info menu you can see the voltage but in the coil you can't see it. So, how many bars can you spend before charging and not exceed 3.3v?

2 hours ago, Odin said:

Hello everyone, I have a question that I cannot find, at what battery level do you charge the coil? How far can the battery be discharged? before putting it to charge?, and that it does not damage the battery, since lipo batteries cannot drop more than 3.3v so that they do not get damaged, because the PDA and the ws6 headphones in the info menu you can see the voltage but in the coil you can't see it. So, how many bars can you spend before charging and not exceed 3.3v?

Honestly, if there is anything I don't tolerate, it is the absence of notches on the screen for the coil and remote.It is no accident that you are in doubt about when to recharge.I generally recharge coil and remote the day before each session, but it is good practice to do it once every 20 days to keep at least some charge remaining.

In the manual it does not tell you when you have to charge it safely so as not to damage the batteries, in an update they should add the option to see the voltage of the coil, since it is not good to charge it always being at 50% 60% etc. From time to time it is good to reach the threshold of 3.3v without passing that voltage, since the battery is also mistreated and loses charge cycles, not making discharge cycles until 3.3v, and for storage the indicated voltage is 3.80v I have been in the world of Radio Control for many years and using lipo batteries, smart chargers are how they work.

3 hours ago, Odin said:

You dont have to worry about the battery level or voltage or anything else when charging .Just plug the connectors and wait before the coil or/and the CB or headphones are full . 

Personally I use XP wireless detectors since 2013 and I have never looked at any voltage info or whatever . Sometimes I just charge my Deus during half an hour or one hour , it is not fully charged and this has never caused an issue in the field ..

The charge does not worry me, since that is taken care of by the circuit that it has inside, what worries me is the discharge since the lipos when they drop below 3.3v subtract a lot of life from the batteries, and from time to time it is advisable to discharge them up to 3.3v without lowering more to increase the life of the batteries.

There is most probably a regulator circuit on the coil controller board or on the LiPO battery pack so the battery can't discharge below or charge above the recommended safe levels. So I don't worry about conditioning the battery or over discharging it and just charge it whenever I need to. It shows no signs of reduced life after the first year so far. I've done the same with my Equinox and the battery is still working perfectly after 3 years. The coil battery is replaceable so if anything does happen to it I'll just send it in to be replaced.

2 hours ago, Odin said:

In the manual it does not tell you when you have to charge it safely so as not to damage the batteries, in an update they should add the option to see the voltage of the coil, since it is not good to charge it always being at 50% 60% etc. From time to time it is good to reach the threshold of 3.3v without passing that voltage, since the battery is also mistreated and loses charge cycles, not making discharge cycles until 3.3v, and for storage the indicated voltage is 3.80v I have been in the world of Radio Control for many years and using lipo batteries, smart chargers are how they work.

Page 38 of the manual says:

"To extend the life of your batteries well beyond five years, do not store them either flat or fully charged for
a long time. Keep them half charged between 40 and 80%.
If you do not use your detector for several months, check them every two months by letting them go flat
and then charging them to 40-80%"

I don't always follow these suggestions, but I'm quite comfortable with the idea that I might need to change a battery or two at some time over the coming years, and that when I do, it will be inexpensive and reasonably easy to do.

the regulator is only in charge of the charge, they are trickle charges, as soon as they reach 4.19v 4.20v they cut off the charge because if not the lipo explodes, for the matter download if the pda is not configured to warn what it does is leave it at 0v, I asked xpdeus and they didn't know how to answer. the problem is that changing the batteries of the pda and headphones is easy, the coil is not so much anymore hehehe. After the last line, how far does it go before it goes out completely?

I just charge mine before I use them, then leave them sit till I am ready to go out again. I normally only detect for 3 or 4 hours at a time so still have plenty left to keep the battery's healthy till next time.