Thoughts For The Mi-7

I know you're busy, XP, and we all love the MI-6 pinpointer (well many of us anyway), but it's never too early to think about features we'd like to see on the next gen pinpointer.

Personally, I'd like to see a good ferrous/non-ferrous discrimination capability on the next pinpointer. We know you excel at that capability on the Deus and Deus II, so now maybe it's time to port that ability over to the next generation XP pinpointer.

And while we're making a wish-list, how about adding the switchable vibration mode to the pinpointer as well while paired to the remote. These are just some thoughts that could take the MI-6 to the next level. You're welcome!ย ๐Ÿ˜

MI-7b.jpg

It would also be nice to locate it ย on the Go Terrrain app.ย ๐Ÿ˜€

I would like to see an upgrade to the extremely hard to remove and replace rear cap. Square threads and a bit tougher material would help. I've replaced one and bought spares. I expect to replace more on the MI-6.ย 

56 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I would like to see an upgrade to the extremely hard to remove and replace rear cap. Square threads and a bit tougher material would help. I've replaced one and bought spares. I expect to replace more on the MI-6.ย 

Hahaha I thought it was my old age lol. A pair of slip joint pliers and mine comes right off !!! Hand tighten plier loosen !!! No problem with the threads.

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I know you're busy, XP, and we all love the MI-6 pinpointer (well many of us anyway), but it's never too early to think about features we'd like to see on the next gen pinpointer.

Personally, I'd like to see a good ferrous/non-ferrous discrimination capability on the next pinpointer. We know you excel at that capability on the Deus and Deus II, so now maybe it's time to port that ability over to the next generation XP pinpointer.

And while we're making a wish-list, how about adding the switchable vibration mode to the pinpointer as well while paired to the remote. These are just some thoughts that could take the MI-6 to the next level. You're welcome!ย ๐Ÿ˜

MI-7b.jpg

Iโ€™d like to see a switchable vibrate mode on the โ€˜MI-7โ€™ and the carrot, too. Darn carrot/Z-Lynk loves to digest 9V batteries. Switching off the vibration should help extend the life of the batt. Let us make the choice, dang it!

Easier/faster on/off without it constantly getting hung up accidentally changing programs. ย I would also like the ability to run the pinpointer and have the coil active at the same time.

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Great idea 350! they can be a little rough on those of us with sore joints that's for sure.I ended up carefully using a pair of channel locks on a couple of occasions.

1 hour ago, Doc Bach said:

Great idea 350! they can be a little rough on those of us with sore joints that's for sure.I ended up carefully using a pair of channel locks on a couple of occasions.

Thanks Doc,ย 

I keep mine as clean as possible and greased up, but it still sticks hard. I try not to over tighten it as it will squeeze the washer out. Square threads help a lot with that. I don't see any need for the red disc insert either. ๐Ÿค”

Keeping things clean?Now there is a novel idea! Why didn't I think of that?

How about a probe that would act like a coil and show the VDI on the controller screen and give the audio tone of the target. Hey I had one of those Sunray DX-1 probes on my old DFX back in the day that did exactly that except it wasn't wireless.ย ๐Ÿ˜‰ย