Pre-screened My Material To 10 Mesh Today

• The title was changed to Pre-screened My Material To 10 Mesh Today

Way to go on the cleanup with a very nice reward at the end.

Nice little setup you got there, I have been looking to find something that will get me a little more out of what I have been sluicing. How much did that set you back and where did you get it if you don't mind me asking.

Good luck on your next outing and cleanup.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Way to go on the cleanup with a very nice reward at the end.

Nice little setup you got there, I have been looking to find something that will get me a little more out of what I have been sluicing. How much did that set you back and where did you get it if you don't mind me asking.

Good luck on your next outing and cleanup.

I bought mine from Geo Sluice Mining. His prices are shown. You will pay much less then what I did, as I live in Canada.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, John-Edmonton said:

I bought mine from Geo Sluice Mining. His prices are shown. You will pay much less then what I did, as I live in Canada.  

Yours is blue, all the ones I saw on Geo Sluice Mining are green, are they the same, which model is yours?

3 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

Yours is blue, all the ones I saw on Geo Sluice Mining are green, are they the same, which model is yours?

Did you notice that you have a choice between green and blue? I'm looking at the website now.

6 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

He makes his equipment colors black, green, blue and pink. In this post, I am using my California mini. I usually use my Geo highbanker, as it is larger and has three different capture processes to increase the capture rate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bedrocker said:

Did you notice that you have a choice between green and blue? I'm looking at the website now.

No I didn't notice that, just was looking at the main page that had all the high bankers, I never clicked on any items or options nor read anything other than prices, names etc.

3 hours ago, John-Edmonton said:

He makes his equipment colors black, green, blue and pink. In this post, I am using my California mini. I usually use my Geo highbanker, as it is larger and has three different capture processes to increase the capture rate. 

Thanks, I saw the California mini and thought that had to be the one you were using in this post. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 12:37 AM, John-Edmonton said:

Health advisory out to stay indoors due to heavy smoke from many fires around the area. I went out and purchased a couple of N95 masks so I could breath safely. I shifted gears a bit today. I pre-screened my gold containing gravel down to 10 mesh, which took me about 1 1/2 hours for 3 x 5 gallon buckets. I then set up my California Mini highbanker, ran it with less angle and less flow due to the 10 mesh feed. It was really relaxing for the next 1 1/2 hours to feed the highbanker. I just sat on a bucket and fed the highbanker. It also took about 30 minutes to feed each bucket. I did 3 clean-ups and was really surprised at how much gold I got. Life is good!😁

may17a.jpg.e78db74746765bf694deb24cc030b09d.jpg

may17b.jpg.fe38ece6bf51fbd3873680838321e489.jpgmay17.jpg.874c13b46008757d2a652f7887dfa6db.jpg

may17c.jpg.08055ef67221e472022b81c9b4ce8f39.jpg

may17d.jpg.3f7f1ba74aebc611b2eb72d2c1d98997.jpg

That's some lovely flour gold! Question: What method did you use to get it so clean and remove all the black sand?

17 hours ago, glacialgold said:

That's some lovely flour gold! Question: What method did you use to get it so clean and remove all the black sand?

I used a bucket clean-up sluice over a  VDR clean-up sluice , (3x36 inch) removed the magnetic black sand with a magnet, then back-panned the remaining concentrates. The nice thing about drop riffle sluices is that they contain much less concentrates then expanded mesh over minor's moss.

may20.jpg.1190814797a4b339df1a710269de110f.jpg

• Like 2