Crawled Under A House Today.

Wise decision Captain. There are definitely far better, easier and more lucrative options out there.Sometimes my tinfoil hat takes over my thinking and I am like a dog chasing its own tail. 

• Like 1

Great finds!  I am with CPT I have a habit of running into the most dangerous critters when I do the crawling thing.  Snakes seem to like me — the rattling kind. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PI-Man said:

Great finds!  I am with CPT I have a habit of running into the most dangerous critters when I do the crawling thing.  Snakes seem to like me — the rattling kind. 

They are out there too PI-Man! But I always had more bad luck with the two legged variety that I would encounter when I was crawling in and out of bars.Back when I was young and dumb and full of...well you know the rest.

• Haha 2

Some of my best finds were from under houses, especially houses that were removed except for the foundation.  Lots of coins and marbles end up down the floor heater vents.  Really like your cigarette packet find.  Sold a log cabin beer can I found under a house in the 70's for $50.00 bucks.  Lots of money back then.  Now it's worth $1000.00.  Gotta love that old stuff.  Nice finds!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Some of my best finds were from under houses, especially houses that were removed except for the foundation.  Lots of coins and marbles end up down the floor heater vents.  Really like your cigarette packet find.  Sold a log cabin beer can I found under a house in the 70's for $50.00 bucks.  Lots of money back then.  Now it's worth $1000.00.  Gotta love that old stuff.  Nice finds!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast.

Hey thanks Gary! Everything that you pointed out is true.I started crawling houses in the early 60's primarily looking for antique bottles and found some killer ones at that.But like you said beer and other cans in mint condition would often turn up as well as the marbles coins and tokens.Was the log cabin can from Portland by any chance? I have two pumpkinseed flask from the log cabin saloon Billy Winter proprietor.I really like your comment.... Doc.

No Doc, I believe it was from San Francisco.

• Thanks 1