Equinox 700-900, I Wonder If They Will Be Updated Like The Manticore. I Hope So.

I haven't heard if the 700 & 900 are updated too. I hope they gets updated with Stability like the Manticore. Also increased sensitivity to gold. I would be tempted to get the Equinox 900 if it gets the upgrade.

The 700/900 are just as sensitive to small gold nuggets as the Equinox 800 from what I have experienced and they already have excellent gold prospecting coil choices.

Most of the people, including me, that are reporting target ID instability and weird DD coil behavior are people that hunt in high iron mineralization or ground with lots of coke, slag and fertilizer.  Others who do not hunt in high mineralization are not noticing as much instability.

So maybe it is a ground mineralization handling issue which is kind of odd since the Equinox 600 and 800 broke the mold as far as being able to handle tough ground conditions.

• Like 1

There should be an update for the 600 & 800 also. 

I saw a post claiming the Manticore is more sensitive to gold than the Equinox. There is no 6" coil for the Manticore though.

I've not done enough testing yet and because there is no little coil it's been 11" vs 11" and prior to the update the Nox 800 was better than the Manticore on small gold, since the update the Manticore has improved, I'm not confident to say its equal to or better than the Nox yet as I haven't had enough time to figure it all out but it's certainly improved.

I am sure all of the Nox series and Manticore share a very large amount of code with modifications to the code between each model so many of the Manticore updates will or could end up on other models, I think because the Nox 600/800 has been out a while they will neglect to give it any updates the 700/900 get even though it would be easily possible for them to give them.

So I would expect to see a Nox 700/900 update soon now the Manticore update is out, the primary reason on Minelab's behalf would be sales, releasing updates and the buzz around them is great marketing.  So many excited people with the Manticore update it now puts a lot of focus back on the detector.  It also shows they're working on and improving it.

• Like 4

Rick. I got a response from a comment I made on that subject on another forum and the guy said in an e-mail from Minelab that the update would be posted when it was ready. So I'm assuming there is one coming. But we all know what it means to assume. Haha. I was ready to part with my 900 but will see what the update brings. Have to say I have not been too keen on its performance as of late. My loyalty to Minelab has been fading as well  with the misleading adds BS claims and failure to meet what was promised in the announcement of the Manticore. I read on one forum that the reason for no extra coils was the demand for the Manticore is so high that they don't have time for it. But they have the time to pump out 700/900s and E-Terras. And in case you wondering what any of this has to do with the 900, I originally had a Manticore ordered because in the video Mark Lawrie said the other coils would be available on release and even inferred that the coil of your choice could be ordered with your Manticore. I'm a small coil hunter so I went with the 900. Sorry to rant, just really disappointed with Minelab. Taking a second look at the D2 with 9in. coil. Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2023 at 4:27 PM, midalake said:

Would that not equate an update to the Equinox 600 and 800 as well? 

I would think not, the 700/900 is replacing the 600/800 and I don't think Minelab has time to fool with it. I read you will have to download a new update utility for the 900 which leads me to believe it will not include the 800.

2 minutes ago, markinswpa said:

will have to download a new update utility for the 900 which leads me to believe it will not include the 800.

I am not buying the 900 is much more than a 100-TID scale 800 with better waterproofing. 

I figured fully, there would be no 800 updates. 

• Like 2

I’m not experiencing the issues others are. It took 50+ hours to work out some understanding and I do look forward to an update but all is well at this time..