Nokta Impact Pro Screen Not Working

Screen stopped working today for no apparent reason. 1st the display went then the backlight was flashing. The detector still works but can’t see anything. Any ideas how to fix this problem. Thanks 

Hi Rik.

This is a long shot, but try this:

Removed the batteries, then turn the impact's dial to "On". Leave it like that for a couple of minutes, turn it off, put the batteries back in, and see what happens.

I'm wondering if it's also possible that the batteries are putting out enough current for the audio, but not for the screen. If you're using alkaline batteries, then try a fresh set. If you're using rechargeable batteries, try a fresh set of alkaline batteries.

I'm not aware of any dials on the Impact. It is all push button if I remember right. Replacing the batteries with a fresh set is good advice & always the first thing to try. If there is a Factory Reset procedure, that should be tried also.  Nokta has a very good Service Center that can repair it if need be.  The Impact is a very good unit. Very versatile.

Welcome to the Forum.

• Like 1

Backlight blew, time for a new screen. 😞

7 hours ago, Rik said:

Screen stopped working today for no apparent reason. 1st the display went then the backlight was flashing. The detector still works but can’t see anything. Any ideas how to fix this problem. Thanks 

I have changed the batteries also left it without any in it for a wile. I’m going to take it to a friend and see if it can be reset and re updated. I’m stumped 🤔 

• The title was changed to Nokta Impact Pro Screen Not Working

Best bet is contact Nokta for replacement if reset doesn't work. I don't believe Nokta has any real repair in the USA. No idea what it will cost but they should be able to tell you.

Just now, kac said:

Best bet is contact Nokta for replacement if reset doesn't work. I don't believe Nokta has any real repair in the USA. No idea what it will cost but they should be able to tell you.

I’ve had it in bits now no obvious signs of problems unplugging everything gave it a dust over and a little contact cleaner. Anyway put it all back together and it worked for about a minute then the screen went dead again. I’m ordering a new one now thanks for the advice. Will keep you posted ☮️

• Like 5

Worked then died sounds like something died on the board, probably a cap.

You may find one for sale cheaper than service can get you a new control box but might not hurt to ask.

• 8 months later...
On 6/24/2023 at 7:12 PM, Rik said:

I’ve had it in bits now no obvious signs of problems unplugging everything gave it a dust over and a little contact cleaner. Anyway put it all back together and it worked for about a minute then the screen went dead again. I’m ordering a new one now thanks for the advice. Will keep you posted ☮️

So 6 months on getting no response from anybody. I’ve asked every shop every website. Time for a new machine I think.