1979 Ted Williams Metal Detector

I looked up his nicknames and see one was "the Thumper".  Maybe that's what happens if you drop this on your toe....

Pretty interesting that putting the name of a person who has (AFAIK) zero to do with the product was expected to sell it, but then I'm the first to admit typical marketing makes little sense to me.

The condition of that detector appears that it was hardly ever used, if at all.  Maybe that turned out to be the case with those who 'fell' for the name on the box.  With the White's name (something that does make sense) this may well have been state-of-the-art in 1979.

• Like 2

Don't remember seeing that one back in the day. Nice example and maybe even pretty rare.

Ted Williams was on a lot of our outdoor gear, Dad loved sears.   I thought Ted was some kind of great white hunter:rolleyes:  Dead ringer for a coinmaster and looks like new, cool.

• Like 3

I remember way back having a 7 HP Ted Williams air cooled outboard engine, used the heck out of that thing and it was reliable, great for duck hunting, fishing, etc.

• Like 3