I've Gone Whites Crazed

ย  ย MXT all Pro with several coils, including two ultimates, and the Big Foot!ย  And two modded TDI SL's with Miner Johns, and a Sadie! One of the two TDI's is in my current beach lineup on a regular basis! The other's a spare! They balance very nicely, and find all the right stuff; and junk! Love that I'm only one of two in the area ( that I've seen) pulling finds with these great machines! (the other, a hunting buddy, TY๐Ÿ‘)! I like it when some beach hunters scoff, at my big camo covered machine๐Ÿ˜!!

ย  ย Got a couple other's for under water (not the 800๐Ÿ˜ก), Tesoro and Garrett, for when the conditions are right in the summer!ย ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

20230702_143548.jpg

If I could get the disc audio portion to equal/match the all metal side, the V3i would be great.ย  I'm sure it's in the many settings.ย  Right now, the disc side audio seems to have a tremendous lag when passing over targets.ย  If I put it in all metal audio, it is spot on; no audio delay.ย  I'm not using the wireless headphones either.ย  Changing the recovery speed doesn't change it.ย  I'd almost be just content using the all metal audio all the time if I could figure out how to change the pitch of it higher. ๐Ÿค”ย 

I have a big Foot for my MXT. Everybody knows that the Big Foot is only good for a few inches, guess they never tried it on an MXT. Silly depth.

I was planning to sell the Bigfoot, but now the Arrow has spoiled the premium market...but now I don't care, with the MXT it is amazing.

13 hours ago, Rick K - First Member said:

I have a big Foot for my MXT. Everybody knows that the Big Foot is only good for a few inches, guess they never tried it on an MXT. Silly depth.

I was planning to sell the Bigfoot, but now the Arrow has spoiled the premium market...but now I don't care, with the MXT it is amazing.

I have a Detech Arrow on my MXT Pro and I love it! It also runs flawlessly on my V3i in SMF modeโ€ฆ The coverage is amazing, especially when running 3-frequencies.

On 7/2/2023 at 10:59 PM, Rick K - First Member said:

have a big Foot for my MXT. Everybody knows that the Big Foot is only good for a few inches, guess they never tried it on an MXT. Silly depth.

ย  ย When I can find a good deal on a Detech Arrow(or two) i have the MXT, and a nice Technics G2 that they are compatible on!ย 

ย  ย 

ย  ย You are right Rick, I have used with great effect on dry beach (fresh water) recent drops, shallow lost items in yards, etc... I like it precisely for its "lack of depth๐Ÿค”", but massive coverage! Even if its kinda weird, with it's figure 8 design!! Also have both four and five pin "Clean Sweeps" for my Tesoro's for the same reason! I don't mind being considered a detecting "oddball", as long as stuff works for what I want! It look's like I'm sweeping for landmines when I use them! Guess if I wore a "Bomb Tech" shirt, that might be pushing it a bit!!๐Ÿ˜‚

ย  ย When I can find a good deal on aย  "gently used" Arrow, my MXT AP, and/or Technetics G2 is ready for one!

๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

On 7/2/2023 at 10:41 PM, Daniel Tn said:

If I could get the disc audio portion to equal/match the all metal side, the V3i would be great.ย  I'm sure it's in the many settings.ย  Right now, the disc side audio seems to have a tremendous lag when passing over targets.ย  If I put it in all metal audio, it is spot on; no audio delay.ย  I'm not using the wireless headphones either.ย  Changing the recovery speed doesn't change it.ย  I'd almost be just content using the all metal audio all the time if I could figure out how to change the pitch of it higher. ๐Ÿค”ย 

Mixed Mode is the setting your looking for, it's a hybrid All Metal/Disc mode and can give you the high tones you want while still achieving max depth of all metal mode. Standard MM is dual tone, accepted vdi's are high tone and rejected are low tone, or you could reverse that tone scenario. Runs much like a GPX, I call my XLT the GPX Jrย ๐Ÿ˜€. You can also turn on Tone ID while in MM to get out of dual tone, and set accept and reject to your liking, while still remaining in an all metal mode. Simple start would be to just select Relic program and turn on Mixed mode, it will run 2 tone all metal. Enjoy.

Although jumpy and prone to EMI.ย  I do have to say...the V3i is a dang impressive machine.ย  It's a shame it didn't get a book like the DFX, Explorers, and such did to help explain the settings and how/when to incorporate them. If it did, that machine would have been super popular. Mr. Howard's video on YouTube is pretty good for it and Carl's mini book helped a lot too.ย  I need to get this machine on the bullet site and see how it does there but otherwise, it is probably one of the deepest all metal AND disc mode machines I have had in my hands. The problem is the EMI.ย  I agree with what has been said...if Garrett were to take that technology and make a modern version of it...holy toledo.ย ย 

Daniel. on Spectra V3i.. you can use 3 things to eliminate Emi...
1. use the Offset Frequency function ..and find the most stable channel of 3Fmultifrequency /or also F1 frequency/..

2. use TX Bost ON and at the same time reduce the level reduce the RX gain level.*/ rx gain 5-8 max!!!/.. so the detector gains stability in EMI... and at the same time you can also obtain a deep range... even in various mineralized terrain... provided you use the correctย  high ground filter...

I would keep the sensitivity of DS at the level of DS 88 and DS 92 to obtain the best depth of detection..

ย 

3. use band pass type ground filters - these are more resistant to emi.. and 5Hz band, 7.5Hz band, 10 Hz band, or 12.5 Hz band filter. _according to the level of mineralization of the terrain... and also set Modulation of sound ... to a low value up to 3 max ... then the detector does not amplify weak audio signals,,
...a 12.5hz high filter can also be very resistant to EMI, but it is very shallow.../it is good in 2D separation/

ย  One more thing. For fast operation of the detector, set the recovery delay to 25-30.max. in combination with a 10hz band filter or a 12.5hz band filter. max, and the V3i Spectra is fast enough but also deep enough...

if you work in mix mode, you can also use a faster SAT...for example on value 15-20 SAT....and the detector will process targets from the static all metal channel faster....

Amazing, spun my head around. I spent 4 weeks studying for the Amateur radio license, Aced the test. I learned the right answers to pass the test.ย  But what did those answers mean?ย  Amazing amount of options in theย Spectra V3i.ย 

ย Makes me wonder if the person who programed the software ONLY worked on theย Spectra V3i.ย  You would think someone with that ability would have been good working the MX Sport.ย 

ย It's too hot, 90's here in WV soย  I'm programing and bench testing the Sport.ย  3 by 5 cards for each program.ย ย 

• 1 month later...

The V3i I had was also badly affected by EMI and I can say the

On 7/10/2023 at 7:04 PM, EL NINO77 said:

Daniel. on Spectra V3i.. you can use 3 things to eliminate Emi...
1. use the Offset Frequency function ..and find the most stable channel of 3Fmultifrequency /or also F1 frequency/..

2. use TX Bost ON and at the same time reduce the level reduce the RX gain level.*/ rx gain 5-8 max!!!/.. so the detector gains stability in EMI... and at the same time you can also obtain a deep range... even in various mineralized terrain... provided you use the correctย  high ground filter...

I would keep the sensitivity of DS at the level of DS 88 and DS 92 to obtain the best depth of detection..

ย 

3. use band pass type ground filters - these are more resistant to emi.. and 5Hz band, 7.5Hz band, 10 Hz band, or 12.5 Hz band filter. _according to the level of mineralization of the terrain... and also set Modulation of sound ... to a low value up to 3 max ... then the detector does not amplify weak audio signals,,
...a 12.5hz high filter can also be very resistant to EMI, but it is very shallow.../it is good in 2D separation/

ย  One more thing. For fast operation of the detector, set the recovery delay to 25-30.max. in combination with a 10hz band filter or a 12.5hz band filter. max, and the V3i Spectra is fast enough but also deep enough...

if you work in mix mode, you can also use a faster SAT...for example on value 15-20 SAT....and the detector will process targets from the static all metal channel faster....

Wish I had know this information when I owned the V3i.

ย