Leaving Thursday for two months to Norway. Taking a Time Ranger Pro and an Omega, sharing coils between them including an Ultimate 13".

Starting in the high North and then ending up on the South around Oslo.

Plan to re-visit some urban parks dating to the 19th century which I hunted with a Whites 4900 and a Tesoro Golden Saber in the 80's. Also whatever fields I can get on to and some documented abandoned farms from the Black Death.

I don't expect wonders, and anything earlier than about 1650 is National Treasure - requiring reporting and handing in, and I have no intentions of robbing folks of their heritage.

North Norway is especially interesting since pre Viking Iron Age and Viking age settlement there is not well documented by finds.

Given my usual luck, I expect no amazing finds, but then...maybe.

Have fun over there Rick.... Should be wonderful weather this time of year.

And always stay positive about your finds luck... I believe theres something to be said for that. 🍀🍀🍀

The Time Ranger Pro/13" Ultimate is a great combination.  Good luck with your trip, Norway is an awesome country.

Great place for a hunt to say the least, with some luck you may even find some nice treasure to bring back.

May Thor be with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck!  Never know, I've seen people post ancient finds from public parks over there 🙂