Howdy, Cal Kellogg Here...

Cal Kellogg

I just joined the website today. I'm a long time prospector and I write for the ICMJ Magazine. I reside in the heart of the California Gold Country and have a hydraulic pit within 10 minutes of my house. I currently run a Garrett Goldmaster 24K and an Axiom. The more I learn about detecting the more I realize I know very little so I'm here to learn all I can! I'll attach a shot of my most recent little nugget. I found it last week exploring a pocket deposit in the American River Canyon.

IMG_9280.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cal Kellogg said:

I'm a long time prospector and I write for the ICMJ Magazine. I reside in the heart of the California Gold Country and have a hydraulic pit within 10 minutes of my house.

Wow, welcome, Cal! Your prospecting reality is my fantasy!

Welcome from East Texas.

Welcome to the forum and I bet that you already know that we are here to help support all who wish to learn.

Many people on here can help with any questions that you have and give you some good advice for your equipment.

Since I am just a newbie here I can tell you that using your detector and knowing what it is saying to you will help so much. It will take time and patience to learn the better part of your machine, but stay with it for the rewards down the road.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Welcome aboard Cal Kellogg !

You just struck some rich pay choosing this forum.

Lots of info already posted to get you going . Ask those ???? when they pop up.

Guess you already know a good place to look ! 👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️