A New Old Hunting Area

I’ve lived in my town for the past 60+ years. Four years ago I picked up my first metal detector and would detect every local park and over to the beach. Never did I go to the local community center that is walking distance from my home. The property houses several buildings that were built as a school back in the late 1900’s. 
  Well, I went by last week and see that they are scraping the soil between buildings to update the landscaping. I decided to detect the areas that have been scraped and in it I found two 1946 Rosie’s and one 1945 liberty dime, along with nine wheats and 27.12 in clad. Also a few marbles (I thought I”d lost them 🤪)

This place is gonna be my go to for a while. 

2 hours ago, Jamie said:

I’ve lived in my town for the past 60+ years. Four years ago I picked up my first metal detector and would detect every local park and over to the beach. Never did I go to the local community center that is walking distance from my home. The property houses several buildings that were built as a school back in the late 1900’s. 
  Well, I went by last week and see that they are scraping the soil between buildings to update the landscaping. I decided to detect the areas that have been scraped and in it I found two 1946 Rosie’s and one 1945 liberty dime, along with nine wheats and 27.12 in clad. Also a few marbles (I thought I”d lost them 🤪)

This place is gonna be my go to for a while. 

Sounds a lot my old hometown Ukiah?

1 hour ago, Doc Bach said:

Sounds a lot my old hometown Ukiah?

No, San Jose, about 50 miles South of San Francisco.

That is some pretty nice serendipity.

I see that you picked the best time to detect that spot, great finds for sure and hope you can get some more detecting time in before that job is done.

Good luck on your next hunt.