Detectors On Offerup

bklein

Sometimes it’s better to be safe than sorry. If you buy from a dealer would be better than buying from a unknown. With the dealer you will get what you paid for but on another form you won’t know until it’s too late.

Chuck 

Sure but I want to know if the ads are legit or not - if OfferUp is legit or not. I have other interests besides detecting and buy stuff like camera lenses and music instruments from people.such ads if bogus do not exist on eBay long. They stay on OfferUp for months.

20 minutes ago, bklein said:

Sure but I want to know if the ads are legit or not - if OfferUp is legit or not. I have other interests besides detecting and buy stuff like camera lenses and music instruments from people.such ads if bogus do not exist on eBay long. They stay on OfferUp for months.

From google:

OfferUp is a legitimate platform, but all sellers on it are third-party providers, which means the platform is not responsible for any transaction that happens off-site after connecting to the app. Consider buying from (and selling to) verified OfferUp profiles to reduce scams.

Yes I’ve been reading such content with google.  I don’t understand what protection there really is and haven’t come across anyone using it.  

I guess no one takes a chance with it - and sellers can get scammed too.

12 minutes ago, bklein said:

Yes I’ve been reading such content with google.  I don’t understand what protection there really is and haven’t come across anyone using it.  

I guess no one takes a chance with it - and sellers can get scammed too.

Your protection would be your credit card too.