Axiom At The Beach Part 3

Thanks for the report.

I'm in the process of making a 11x13 mono coil into a weighted water coil. I was also hoping for Detech to make something less buoyant, or maybe even Garrett. I can actually get by with the small DD in the water, but the larger coils simply float too much. So I got a spare mono, opened it up and cut out the excess foam in the center, and am currently filling it with cement crack filler. Be next week before I give it a spin probably, but will report back on how it worked out once I do.

• Like 3

Sounds like a fun little project, Steve.....Mono coils are unruly at my beaches, and that is why I got the 7x11 DD.....It works very well, but as we all know, it is a bit on the small side for overall beach work......

-Jerry

14 minutes ago, Pyriteboy said:

Sounds like a fun little project, Steve.....Mono coils are unruly at my beaches, and that is why I got the 7x11 DD.....It works very well, but as we all know, it is a bit on the small side for overall beach work......

-Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I will be hunting Tahoe, real bad magnetite but at least no salt. Main issue though for me was opening the coils and having enough empty foam to excavate. I did not think working around the innards of the focused core DD would be as easy.