Took The Manticore To A Park For The First Time

I have tried the manticore out at my grandparents homestead the first time out, Picked up a SLQ , and a few 8" deep wheat pennies. My next stop was a freshwater sand beach, right after the sand groomer machine went thru, picked up a few bucks in clad.

Last weekend, I was on vacation in Wisc, the north woods. I had an open morning , found a small one acre park in a county camping park.  I figured I'd give the Manty my first park tryout.

AT general, Audio on 1 region all tones, sensitivity range of 18-22,  speed  range 3-6, mostly all metal.  Ground balanced, noise cancelled etc, used the stock phones.  

When I started swinging I thought I was operating a machine gun! 6-7 targets per swing. After a few minutes I was able to pick out the high tones , and started digging coins.  

I was finding the most coins in the heaviest carpet of aluminum areas.   Coins as deep as 8", some coins with al. trash next to them.  I dug very little trash, between the audio, and target screen. A fair amount of coins were 2 way hits. Turn 90 degrees and the good signals would disappear.  I  detected for 4 hours straight, though I took a 5 min break and jumped in the lake!   Finished the hunt with 77 coins, and only 19 pcs of  trash.  Half of the trash was right next to the coins. There were 3 small coin spills . No silver, but 2 wheaties, 17 quarters, 23 dimes, 3 nickels, 34 pennies.  I need to study up on notching out some of the  trash zones, or at least modifying the audio, so I can find more nickels. 

I',m very impressed with the Manty!  Love it! A fair amount of dimes were on edge. Amazing separation, using the audio. Well balanced , lightweight, my 64 yr old arm had no complaints!. 

DSC09164.JPG

• The title was changed to Took The Manticore To A Park For The First Time.

Nice hunt. Campgrounds are a great place to find coins, especially if the campground is old. Don't ignore the relics, and in gathering areas even gold rings are possible.

Bands+drinks=drops.

For some reason few think to ask management if they can dig, and since I found live ammo buried next to a fire pit at one of mine, they gave me a full pass to dig anywhere. 😀 They can never find my holes, and I have dug literally hundreds of coins there. Good job sorting out the trash from the treasure after a bit. 👍 Ya have to get out there to get anything.

Like the tiny toy car, been finding a lot of them lately. 🤣 Any silver in that pile?

That the way to go.

• The title was changed to Took The Manticore To A Park For The First Time