A Rare And True Survivor.

Now those are special finds. I think I would spend some time & effort poking around in that area. Bound to be cooler up there too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCR said:

Now those are special finds. I think I would spend some time & effort poking around in that area. Bound to be cooler up there too.

1 hour ago, JCR said:

Had to cut my hunt short because i heard what sounded like a gas powered Honda water pump running further up the drainage that I was in. Up high where there is southern exposeure and abundant sunshine.I was anticipating such activity that's why I took my AT MAX which I can live without with me and my 10mm as well.Probably an old school outdoor cartel early girl grow that's close to harvest.The state and local law enforcement people are overwhelmed (and that's an huge understatement) with grows have put those on the low priority because the risk far exceeds the reward.I will head back this winter during the off season.

• Like 6

It is wise to be mindful now a days. If we detected 100 years ago it would be moonshiners.

• Like 3

Nah no bueno I think that I would much rather take my chances with those boys from Juarez and they can play pretty rough.

8B42C838-783A-4F30-A47A-7748E30C1D6A_4_5005_c.jpeg.578171cbd6b7d0b05eb6fbd550b3f653.jpeg

Canteen looks like this one I have the link for.

https://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d-2501688/original-vintage-civil-war-era-military-canteen-with-cork-stopper.html

It shows the cork stopper and the 2 tabs on each side.

Great find and it is from the Civil War.

• Like 4