Eqx900 Shaft, Where To Buy?

Airtemisa

Hi, 

I'm looking for an Equinox 700/900 collapsable shaft, but don't know where to find it. I'm in Europe, Spain. 

I use one similar from aftermarket, but the quality of the Minelab's is better. 

Any help, please? 🙏

Thanks in advance! 

22 minutes ago, Airtemisa said:

Hi, 

I'm looking for an Equinox 700/900 collapsable shaft, but don't know where to find it. I'm in Europe, Spain. 

I use one similar from aftermarket, but the quality of the Minelab's is better. 

Any help, please? 🙏

Thanks in advance! 

Steves shafts

IIRC Detect-ed and CKG have carbon fiber telescoping shafts ..

(Just searched Amazon , try this link if you can't go directly .                     https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Minelab+Equinox+telescoping+shaft&crid=W99QAGLGKRL7&sprefix=minelab+equinox+telescoping+shaft%2Caps%2C424&ref=nb_sb_noss      )

Not sure if any of them have one for the 900 ,,,,,, doesn't it come with one ?

On 8/16/2023 at 3:34 PM, rvpopeye said:

IIRC Detect-ed and CKG have carbon fiber telescoping shafts ..

(Just searched Amazon , try this link if you can't go directly .                     https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Minelab+Equinox+telescoping+shaft&crid=W99QAGLGKRL7&sprefix=minelab+equinox+telescoping+shaft%2Caps%2C424&ref=nb_sb_noss      )

Not sure if any of them have one for the 900 ,,,,,, doesn't it come with one ?

Thaks RVPopeye, I´m using THIS SHAFT for 3 years now, but due to wear and tear, the lower shaft no longer exerts pressure like it did at beggining, and I have to replace the shaft.

I've been testing the Equinox 900, and compared its shaft to mine, and it's better and stiffer, so I'm looking for the original EQX900/700 shaft, which I think I didn't say clearly in the initial post.

Thanks!

On 8/21/2023 at 5:18 AM, Airtemisa said:

Thaks RVPopeye, I´m using THIS SHAFT for 3 years now, but due to wear and tear, the lower shaft no longer exerts pressure like it did at beggining, and I have to replace the shaft.

I've been testing the Equinox 900, and compared its shaft to mine, and it's better and stiffer, so I'm looking for the original EQX900/700 shaft, which I think I didn't say clearly in the initial post.

Thanks!

If I'm reading this correctly, what you want do won't work. The 800 & 900 shafts are not interchangeable. And good luck trying to find an OEM shaft. Heck people can't even get the ML85/ 105s  headphones yet. Minelab has been pretty slow about replacement parts. Someone mentioned Steve's shafts. I second that. Well built, reasonably priced, I've had one on my 800 for over 3 years and it  has held up quite well. Good luck. Mark

Mark, 

Thanks for the kind words!

Airtimesa,

I am not sure what exactly you are wanting.  The Tele-Knox shaft you showed, that you are using with your 600/800, is a fully telescopic shaft.  You said you want a 700/900 collapsible shaft that is similar.  However, as you noted, the stock shaft from Minelab, that comes with the 700/900, is a relatively high-quality shaft (as you noted), that is fully collapsible (just like your Tele-Knox shaft).  So, it seems that the Minelab shaft meets your needs.

Indeed, in a later post, you in fact said specifically that you are wanting the OEM Minelab shaft for the 700/900.  Is that correct?  I guess my confusion is due to the fact that I assume you already HAVE one -- that came with your 900?  Correct? Are you just wanting a "spare?"

If you want a spare, I am near certain that you won't be able to get one from Minelab.  They aren't even producing spare LOWER RODS for the 700/900 yet, let alone a whole shaft.  So, I think you will be out of luck there, probably for the foreseeable future.

I DO produce spare lower rods for the 700/900, and you will have no issues with the quality.  I also produce a combination middle section and lower rod, i.e both of the lower two pieces in one "assembly" -- and again, you'll have no issues with the quality of these.  I use high-quality carbon tubes/parts, and top-notch, heavy-duty cam locks of a similar design to the ones Minelab uses on the 700/900.  I take pride in producing high-quality shafts.  As such, I'd be happy to provide you with two of the three shaft sections (middle and lower) for your 700/900, and could even do so in a few different colored options, if you so desired. 

The one thing I can't provide is the upper shaft.  Reason being, Minelab designed their 700/900 upper shaft such that the mounting piece for the handle/control box assembly, and the mounting "rail" for the arm cuff, are both fixed/epoxied onto the upper shaft's carbon tube.  And so, it makes that upper shaft section a bit "proprietary," since those mounting pieces are not able to be removed and installed onto an aftermarket shaft.  And since you can't mount the handle/control box, or the arm cuff, onto a shaft WITHOUT those two mounting pieces, it makes producing a compatible upper shaft expensive/difficult -- as one would have to fabricate those two mounting pieces, and then purchase injection molds to produce them, if one wished to build a COMPLETE shaft, for the 700/900.

So -- bottom line, if having just a lower rod, OR a two-piece combination middle/lower shaft assembly would help you with whatever you are wanting to do, I can help.  If you need an upper shaft section ALSO, I won't be able to provide that at this time.  Meanwhile if it is an OEM Minelab complete three-piece shaft for the 700/900 that you are wanting, I don't think you are going to find one anytime soon as, again, Minelab does not have them for sale.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you!

Steve

14 hours ago, steveg said:

Marcos, 

¡gracias por las amables palabras!

Airtimesa,

no estoy seguro de qué es exactamente lo que quieres. El eje Tele-Knox que mostró, que está utilizando con su 600/800, es un eje totalmente telescópico. Dijiste que querías un eje plegable 700/900 que sea similar. Sin embargo, como notó, el eje original de Minelab, que viene con el 700/900, es un eje de calidad relativamente alta (como señaló), que es completamente plegable (al igual que su eje Tele-Knox). Entonces, parece que el pozo Minelab satisface sus necesidades.

De hecho, en una publicación posterior, usted dijo específicamente que desea el eje OEM Minelab para el 700/900 . ¿Es eso correcto? Supongo que mi confusión se debe al hecho de que supongo que ya TIENES uno, ¿el que vino con tu 900? ¿Correcto? ¿Solo quieres un "repuesto"?

Si desea un repuesto, estoy casi seguro de que no podrá conseguir uno en Minelab. Ni siquiera están produciendo todavía VARILLAS INFERIORES de repuesto para el 700/900, y mucho menos un eje completo. Entonces, creo que no tendrás suerte allí, probablemente en el futuro previsible.

SÍ produzco varillas inferiores de repuesto para el 700/900 y no tendrás problemas con la calidad. También produzco una combinación de sección media yvarilla inferior, es decir, las dos piezas inferiores en un "conjunto" y, nuevamente, no tendrá problemas con la calidad de estas. Utilizo tubos/piezas de carbono de alta calidad y cerraduras de leva resistentes y de primera categoría con un diseño similar a los que Minelab usa en el 700/900. Estoy orgulloso de producir ejes de alta calidad. Como tal, estaré encantado de proporcionarle dos de las tres secciones de eje (media e inferior) para su 700/900, e incluso podría hacerlo en algunas opciones de colores diferentes, si así lo desea. 

Lo único que no puedo proporcionar es el eje superior. La razón es que Minelab diseñó su eje superior 700/900 de manera que la pieza de montaje para el conjunto de manija/caja de control y el "riel" de montaje para el brazalete estén ambos fijados/epoxiados en el tubo de carbono del eje superior. Y por eso, hace que la sección superior del eje sea un poco "patentada", ya que esas piezas de montaje no se pueden quitar ni instalar en un eje no original. Y como no se puede montar la manija/caja de control, o el manguito, en un eje SIN esas dos piezas de montaje, producir un eje superior compatible es costoso/difícil, ya que habría que fabricar esas dos piezas de montaje. y luego comprar moldes de inyección para producirlos, si se quisiera construir un eje COMPLETO, para el 700/900.

Entonces, en resumen, si tener solo una varilla inferior O un conjunto de eje medio/inferior combinado de dos piezas le ayudaría con lo que quiera hacer, puedo ayudarle. Si TAMBIÉN necesita una sección de eje superior, no podré proporcionársela en este momento. Mientras tanto, si lo que desea es un eje completo de tres piezas OEM Minelab para el 700/900, no creo que vaya a encontrar uno pronto ya que, nuevamente, Minelab no los tiene a la venta.

Déjame saber si puedo ser de alguna ayuda.

¡Gracias!

esteban

Hi Steve, Thank you very much for your complete and well-worked message. I will try to do my best in the answer.

I currently have an EQX800 converted to Seaghost, so I can use it on any shaft that has the proper diameter, and not just the Minelab socket. I use it on a DetectedInnovations carbon fiber shaft, which due to use on the beach, due to the rubbing of the sand like sandpaper, has been losing diameter, so that with the heavier coils, it ends up coming off.

A few days ago I was with a colleague who has the EQX900, and I was able to compare them, and I saw that the original 900 shaft was stiffer than the one I use, and that's why I look for the original.

However, after reading your comments, and supported by the good references provided by our colleagues, I am going to take a look at your articles, in case any of them could fit what I am looking for.

Thank you so much for your help, this amazing forum is full of great people.

All the best!

Airtemisa

19 hours ago, markinswpa said:

If I'm reading this correctly, what you want do won't work. The 800 & 900 shafts are not interchangeable. And good luck trying to find an OEM shaft. Heck people can't even get the ML85/ 105s  headphones yet. Minelab has been pretty slow about replacement parts. Someone mentioned Steve's shafts. I second that. Well built, reasonably priced, I've had one on my 800 for over 3 years and it  has held up quite well. Good luck. Mark

Hi Markinswpa,

You're right. I don't know what's Minelab doing since 2020, but seems like full throttle flat out saying bye to other brands, but forgetting to take care of its users: everyone who understands, knows what I mean 😥