New To The Site

Toanodigger

Hi, I am new to this site. I have been metal detecting for coins and stuff since 1969. Started civil war relic hunting in 1980. Since my start in this hobby, I have used somewhere around 50 different detectors, and still own more than 12. My oldest now is a Compass 99B and my newest is the Minelab Equinox 900. I don't get out as much as I want to, but I have fun when I do. My oldest coin is a Scottish bawbee 1678.

Welcome from Nor Cal.You've certainly paid your dues and then some.

Welcome! Toano is the name of a town not too far away. 🤔 seems like you've got quite a collection then, especially if you're from that area.

Good luck on your adventures and post some finds! Looking forward to it. 🙂 This is the place to be if you're serious about your new EQX 900.

I've only been detecting for 4 years now, but have amassed a pretty good collection of really old stuff. Relic hunting is a blast.

Welcome to the forum and I for one am sure that I am going to enjoy reading about some of your hunts if you share them with us. Remember that some of us like pretty pictures also so add a few of them too.

Welcome and good hunting.

16 hours ago, Toanodigger said:

Hi, I am new to this site. I have been metal detecting for coins and stuff since 1969. Started civil war relic hunting in 1980. Since my start in this hobby, I have used somewhere around 50 different detectors, and still own more than 12. My oldest now is a Compass 99B and my newest is the Minelab Equinox 900. I don't get out as much as I want to, but I have fun when I do. My oldest coin is a Scottish bawbee 1678.

Welcome aboard Toanodigger. A man never can own enough detectors. The downside is he only can swing one at a time... 😄

All The Best