Beach Program Questions.

Rattlehead

12 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I love my 9" coil but haven't got to the the beaches with it yet. I got the the 11" a few months ago and really like it as well, so If I get to go beach hunting soon, I'm taking both with me. 😉

Love my 9" coil too. For the type of hunting I do, it's the perfect size. It's sort of spoiled me a little. Now when I go back to any other detector with a standard 11" coil, it just feels nose heavy by comparison.

1 hour ago, Rattlehead said:

Love my 9" coil too. For the type of hunting I do, it's the perfect size. It's sort of spoiled me a little. Now when I go back to any other detector with a standard 11" coil, it just feels nose heavy by comparison.

This is "off topic" a little---but---I LOVE your Silver Slayer program Don.----I use it very effectively with both the 9" & 11" D2 coils.-------Del

1 hour ago, D&P-OR said:

This is "off topic" a little---but---I LOVE your Silver Slayer program Don.----I use it very effectively with both the 9" & 11" D2 coils.-------Del

Glad you like it. It's a simple program but I've had pretty good luck with it for cherry picking silver coins from trashy spots.

Hey Rattlehead,

Been tweaking this program with help from the forum, particularly Midalake. 🙂

I've used it with the 13" and the 9", and if it's there it shows up down to about 12" give or take black sand. 😀

I call it The Hoover.

Option menu:

Audio 9
Audio filter 5
Audio type high square
Display profile xy
Fe tid on

Menu
Disc 10
Full tones
offset ft 0
Bottle Caps 5
Notch off
Silencer 0
Sensitivity 95
Salt Sense 5
Freq Max 40
Iron volume 5
Reactivity 0.5
Audio response 6

Tracking GB on
Magnetic accept

Most aluminum but not all, particularly War of 1812 round pull tabs will have a brassy "trumpet" like tone. This is especially good for larger bits of can slaw. Smaller bits are in the 50s so they may fool ya.

Just another tool in the box, but it's really only for V1.1 if you didn't upgrade.

Best of luck man! 🍀

Thank you F350. I will try plugging it in .71 the best I can, or I may even temporarily update to 1.1 just to try this out. I'm saving this thread to my favs so that I can pull it back up and read it again once I get there. 🙂

40 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

Thank you F350. I will try plugging it in .71 the best I can, or I may even temporarily update to 1.1 just to try this out. I'm saving this thread to my favs so that I can pull it back up and read it again once I get there. 🙂

No problem! I also tested it with the WS6 Master and it works well. Very little noise even in the water.

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

As far as I can tell Beach Sens and Beach P have identical settings except for Beach Sens has 0 Reactivity and 3 Tones and Beach P has 1.5 Reactivity and Pitch Tones.

I usually hunt in Full Tones, and check with Pitch Tones, but I figured I'd reverse that and hunt in Pitch with 0 Reactivity, because targets are usually sparse, and check with Full Tones. Is it better to go with 2 or 3 Tones?

I don't know what it is about Beach P.  In my location it makes iron targets stand out and look like nonferrous targets. I routinely tested deep fringe targets between modes [Beach and Beach Sens] Just did not like the way Beach Pitch performed at all. Only disadvantages, no advantages. 

23 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Hey Rattlehead,

Been tweaking this program with help from the forum, particularly Midalake. 🙂

I've used it with the 13" and the 9", and if it's there it shows up down to about 12" give or take black sand. 😀

I call it The Hoover.

Option menu:

Audio 9
Audio filter 5
Audio type high square
Display profile xy
Fe tid on

Menu
Disc 10
Full tones
offset ft 0
Bottle Caps 5
Notch off
Silencer 0
Sensitivity 95
Salt Sense 5
Freq Max 40
Iron volume 5
Reactivity 0.5
Audio response 6

Tracking GB on
Magnetic accept

Most aluminum but not all, particularly War of 1812 round pull tabs will have a brassy "trumpet" like tone. This is especially good for larger bits of can slaw. Smaller bits are in the 50s so they may fool ya.

Just another tool in the box, but it's really only for V1.1 if you didn't upgrade.

Best of luck man! 🍀

Is this based on Beach or Beach Sens?

4 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Is this based on Beach or Beach Sens?

Beach sensitive. 🙂