Beach Program Questions.

Rattlehead

Just getting back in the game.  I was more concerned with hurricane prep the last few days than the forum to be quite frank about it.  

F350 gave you an effective program from which to start.

Keep in mind that pre-determined settings only serve to get you in the ballpark.  It’s then up to you to pick the best seat!   😊

Adjust/tailor those settings to your particular environment and you’ll be fine👍🏻

Go get ‘em…..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Just getting back in the game.  I was more concerned with hurricane prep the last few days than the forum to be quite frank about it.  

F350 gave you an effective program from which to start.

Keep in mind that pre-determined settings only serve to get you in the ballpark.  It’s then up to you to pick the best seat!   😊

Adjust/tailor those settings to your particular environment and you’ll be fine👍🏻

Go get ‘em…..

Thank you ColonelDan! 🙂

On 8/29/2023 at 1:34 PM, midalake said:

I don't know what it is about Beach P.  In my location it makes iron targets stand out and look like nonferrous targets. I routinely tested deep fringe targets between modes [Beach and Beach Sens] Just did not like the way Beach Pitch performed at all. Only disadvantages, no advantages. 

When I was on .71 every piece of iron rang up good. When I went to 1.1 all that pretty well quit. It really helped me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CLH said:

When I was on .71 every piece of iron rang up good. When I went to 1.1 all that pretty well quit. It really helped me.

That is good to know. Before I left my machine for the season, XP had not come out with the update.
I only hunted 4 days, so I did not want to update. When I get back on my machine for the season, I do plan on going to 1.1. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, midalake said:

That is good to know. Before I left my machine for the season, XP had not come out with the update.
I only hunted 4 days, so I did not want to update. When I get back on my machine for the season, I do plan on going to 1.1. 

I look forward to your reviews of V1.1 for your beach and water hunting.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post an update to this and say thanks again to everyone who gave me some tips.

We ended up going to Myrtle Beach SC instead of Gulf Shores. Upon arriving, I loaded up Beach Sensitive and changed the tones to pitch. I accepted everything 40 and above per the advice given here. Eventually I did end up narrowing my accepted range to 40-70 because my time there was limited and I was tired of digging clad. The Deus 2 performed great. The tones and behavior were very similar to my land program, which is what I was hoping for. I was digging some targets at well over a foot deep, so no issues there. Everything was working well, so I didn't make any changes for the rest of the time I spent there. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Anyway, I had a blast! Really enjoyed beach detecting and look forward to doing it again.

Here's a video of the hunt for those who care to watch:

• Like 4

Nice one Rattlehead! TBH I kinda skipped to the wrap up, but the Starship D2 is a riot. 🤣 I see you were on North Myrtle, that's the best place near the hotels. I hunted South Beach by the campgrounds and got tons of deep stuff others missed last spring.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice one Rattlehead! TBH I kinda skipped to the wrap up, but the Starship D2 is a riot. 🤣 I see you were on North Myrtle, that's the best place near the hotels. I hunted South Beach by the campgrounds and got tons of deep stuff others missed last spring.

Thanks 350! I'm glad we decided on the North side. We were originally considering South Beach. You're right. Lots of traffic on that beach! We stayed at the Paradise Resort so getting to the beach was just a matter of riding the elevator down and walking out the back. It was really fun.

• Like 3

Loved the video Rattlehead. I enjoy hunting North Myrtle Beach and the beaches to the north of it too. You did great!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Loved the video Rattlehead. I enjoy hunting North Myrtle Beach and the beaches to the north of it too. You did great!!!

Thank you Jeff! It was nice to check off beach detecting from my bucket list. I still want to try my hand at detecting for gold soon. 

• Like 2