Manticore Coil Options (m-8, M-9, M-11, M-15)

I can't seem to find any info about the M-9 coil.  Has anyone else heard anything?

3011-0422

Coil, M8 Accessory MTCR

3011-0473

Coil, M9 Accessory MTCR

3011-0446

Coil, 11 Inch MTCR Accessory

3011-0423

Coil, M15 Accessory MTCR

• Like 3

First I have heard of an M9.  Very odd.

No word on lower shafts, I guess?

Thanks Gerry!

- Dave

14 hours ago, UT Dave said:

First I have heard of an M9.  Very odd.

No word on lower shafts, I guess?

Thanks Gerry!

- Dave

Not sure on timing but here's the part #'s we were provided.

3011-0480

Bung, Shaft End Accessory MTCR

3011-0481

Shaft, Lower Accessory MTCR

3011-0482

Shaft, Middle CF CamLock, Accessory

3011-0483

Shaft, Upper Accessory MTCR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tom D. commented on his forum, its a 9 inch prototype and wasn't supposed to be on your list.

"Hmmmmmmmmmmm. That info was NOT supposed to leak out.
Yes. There are a few proto's floating around. Here's one tidbit I'm willing to share: --- As to be expected; the 9" coil is not as deep as the standard 11" coil......with identical settings. BUT.......(for instance)........ in a wet-salt environment.........the performance is less than the 11" coil with same settings; YET, the smaller coil allows for additional Sens increase.......due to the smaller coil seeing less wet-salt feedback/hinderance. With the authorized extra Sensitivity increase......... nearly all of the depth is regained.....and nearly to the same performance levels of the 11" coil.
The 9" coil is formidably lighter.
We are still debating the "need" for this coil. We are still debating the "marketing" of this coil........and the associated projected sales numbers. Not sure we'll even produce it."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yatahaze323 said:

Tom D. commented on his forum, its a 9 inch prototype and wasn't supposed to be on your list.

"Hmmmmmmmmmmm. That info was NOT supposed to leak out.
Yes. There are a few proto's floating around. Here's one tidbit I'm willing to share: --- As to be expected; the 9" coil is not as deep as the standard 11" coil......with identical settings. BUT.......(for instance)........ in a wet-salt environment.........the performance is less than the 11" coil with same settings; YET, the smaller coil allows for additional Sens increase.......due to the smaller coil seeing less wet-salt feedback/hinderance. With the authorized extra Sensitivity increase......... nearly all of the depth is regained.....and nearly to the same performance levels of the 11" coil.
The 9" coil is formidably lighter.
We are still debating the "need" for this coil. We are still debating the "marketing" of this coil........and the associated projected sales numbers. Not sure we'll even produce it."

I'm in the saltwater 90% of the time and am always trying to squeeze as much sensitivity as possible for the elusive gold chain and added depth. A smaller coil would suit me just fine for the sole purpose of cranking up sensitivity, mitigating the effects of salt to a certain beneficial degree and hopefully being able to pick up the small responses' chains give off. If I could get the depth of the stock coil or something close to it, with the smaller coil then sign me up.

• Like 4

Just ship the dang M8 already.  Ship the dang thing.

Okay, I'm actually hoping for Christmas and have totally written off using it this year.  But, ship the M8, yeah?

- Dave

• Like 1

Patience is a virtue.  In the olden days, we never knew ahead of time what was coming.  When it came , we either bought it or we didn't. No big deal. Enjoy every day . Don't stress over the small stuff.