Manticore Coil Options (m-8, M-9, M-11, M-15)

Hi Chase, my comment about the M8 not looking light is about how heavy it looks to be constructed as compared to the thinner web construction of the M11.

I'm sure it is a little lighter than the M11, but other manufactures coils look to be built lighter. 

Both the amount of plastic and type used for the frame and the high density epoxy type filler that holds the wire coils seem to be the heaviest choices possible. 

I'm not sure how you clay is for trash, but our grass seems to be the dumping ground for junk for the last 100 yrs, I often can't find a clean place to ground balance. Not sure if that make up for the hard clay. 🙂

I did manage to find a couple rings last couple times out, (only an inch or two under the grass)  I guess the black one is pretty popular these days and are more expensive than I thought they would be, the other last supper is 18K,

PXL_20231028_122505142.jpg

PXL_20230826_182641523.jpg

• Like 9

20 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

I think if more people would give prospecting audio a real try, more would be using it. I imagine it's tough to change from what you're used to from years of using the Nox 600/800 tones to something totally different like prospecting audio.

Yea man.. hope many more will see.. or hear. I think its take time and familiarity with manticore to notice the differences. The one thing that I noticed immediately was the scratchiness, tonal shapes of full tones is missing in prospecting audio, maybe prospecting audio interpret it differently and  I didn't 'catch it'. I changed from full tones to prospecting at the beach is because the prospecting audio is much more reactive to very weak signal, its become obvious when on a hunt it locked on a deep/faint target easily, Its feel a bit deeper too idk...

20 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

There's a lot of detail to the various sounds of different targets with prospecting.

I'm going to religiously learn this. 

• Like 1

I tried prospecting audio today. Since a few here are having success with it.

Interesting signals for fresh bottle caps.  I guess the trace is the qualifier for these.  I miss the iron grunt.

Will need a lot more experience with this feature... seems to work best with uncorroded targets. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TripleT said:

I tried prospecting audio today. Since a few here are having success with it.

Interesting signals for fresh bottle caps.  I guess the trace is the qualifier for these.  I miss the iron grunt.

Will need a lot more experience with this feature... seems to work best with uncorroded targets. 

🤔?? Check your ferrous volume. I get iron grunts with prospecting. My set up in Beach Modes- All metal, upper 4, lower 0, recovery 4, ferrous volume 10, regular volume 20.

Bottle caps have a TID that jumps all over the place with each pass of the coil, never settling in a 2-3 digit range like a good target. also, they are smeared on the trace. Zinc pennies are usually 59-61, but after becoming encrusted/corroded can jump up as high as 75. For the most part, rings and coins are almost always a solid dot right on the nonferrous line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TripleT said:

I tried this mode out again yesterday.  It works real well with our crappy modern clad.  Still need to fine tune it, but I see possibilities.

As you continue to use it and learn it, you start to hear the subtle/not so subtle differences between a likely trash sound or a likely good dig sound without looking at the TID. I still look at the TID to verify pull tabs because they sound just like a good dig. Darn things. Usually walk along disregarding TIDs until I hear a tone sharp enough to verify it with the TID #.

1 hour ago, TripleT said:

I tried this mode out again yesterday.  It works real well with our crappy modern clad.  Still need to fine tune it, but I see possibilities.

Please post some details as you find them. I'm next door in Sask and dig the same crappy clad.

I really need a new M11 skid plate. None available in the US, and AUS does not ship (they almost never do, why is that actually?). This sucks.

GC

2 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

I really need a new M11 skid plate. None availably in the US, and AUS does not ship (they almost never do, why is that actually?). This sucks.

Minelab won't let dealers from one country sell to another country.  I'm not allowed to buy my Minelab gear from Australia even though I'm next door in a small country that often has very limited stock supplies of Minelab stuff.  They would rather my dealer import the odd stuff I want to order when I want it and sell it to me than me just order it myself, makes for an expensive and slower way to do it, so I just buy it and get it delivered to family there who then ship it to me, still ends up cheaper than buying many things locally.  I don't like that "can't sell to other countries" rule at all.

• Thanks 1