Manticore Coil Options (m-8, M-9, M-11, M-15)

I bet if they let Nel make coils for it prior to the war good coils would be released quickly in every shape and size Nel make, Minelab hold such low importance in coils it really annoys the crap out of me.  I've waited so long to buy Manticore coils I've basically given up on the detector at the moment and never use it.  The two coils I need don't exist, the one I don't want came on it and I'm basing that off my Equinox, I never use my 11", only the 6" and 15x12" get used out of the Minelab coils.

People that are good at making coils appear to be able to make new sizes and shapes very quickly.

Also a little note to Minelab, release the 17x13" coil for the Manticore too, don't worry about it cutting into CTX sales, everyone who wants one has one already and the Manticore will never be a CTX replacement.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

I've waited so long to buy Manticore coils I've basically given up on the detector at the moment and never use it. 

Entire cities have been built faster then Minelab can engineer and release a new coil...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bored at work, I stumbled upon this on youtube.

Screenshot_20230915_114207_YouTube.thumb.jpg.7999f3c3df9134576820246cec8dffdc.jpg

I dont know man... Already set for the m8 when it become available.. Guess have to wait for confirmations from Minelab regarding the fourth coil.. concentric 9' coil maybe? If I have the option to choose between m8 and the "coil coming soon that is great for sites that have loads of small iron targets", I will choose the latter 😁

On 9/2/2023 at 9:48 PM, Redneck said:

Patience is a virtue.  In the olden days, we never knew ahead of time what was coming.  When it came , we either bought it or we didn't. No big deal. Enjoy every day . Don't stress over the small stuff.  

Whas means stress??? 🙂

The two coils M8 and M15 were announced more than a year ago and none of us can buy them yet.  Fourth coil...  Maybe someday, maybe never.  The M8 still seems like maybe never.  Waiting on Minelab for coils is unpleasant.

- Dave

• Like 2

It was let slip they had plans for a M9 round DD, but wasn't sure if it was going to come out.    Not a coil I'd be interested in either way although fantastic if they are doing another coil option, the more the better.

• Like 2

First of all, there is competition from other producers of detectors... whose detectors have round coils of this size - and which guarantee optimal depth *3D separation ... and still maintain a good detection depth for freely placed targets and better resistance to EMI than standard 11 " coil and where another plus will be the smaller weight of the coil and the very good ergonomics of the Manticore detector..

You may remember the times when we asked for a 9" round coil for the Equinox 800 here on the Detector prospector forum...:smile:

• Like 3

I'll pass 9" round DD coil too in favor the m8 mainly because of water/stream hunting and I can only choose one. I promised myself I will buy manticore accessories with its find only lol... I have no problems with the EMI anymore since I use the machine. I have 2 relics site that close to cell tower which gave problems when running high sensitivity on other machines.. with the Manticore I can retrieve targets from another/deeper layer and that alone makes me very happy with the Manticore

• Like 4

14 hours ago, fishersari said:

I'm bored at work, I stumbled upon this on youtube.

Screenshot_20230915_114207_YouTube.thumb.jpg.7999f3c3df9134576820246cec8dffdc.jpg

I dont know man... Already set for the m8 when it become available.. Guess have to wait for confirmations from Minelab regarding the fourth coil.. concentric 9' coil maybe? If I have the option to choose between m8 and the "coil coming soon that is great for sites that have loads of small iron targets", I will choose the latter 😁

Probably a 4" x 2-1/2" coil, Tom D. mentioned in one of his posts regarding coils for the manticore the following:

"Truthfully....... I'd like to install a 4" x 2-1/2" elliptical double-D coil on Manticore..........then collapse the shaft ALL the way down to airplane-transport///minimum-size. Think: Cellar-holes..............under porches ...............pit-digging............indoor-fireplaces/walls............attics............pinpointing........Civil War trees.........school demonstrations/presentations..............tree-holes.,.,.,.,., . , . , . , and the list goes on-and-on-and-on-and-on. [[[ I have MANY more thoughts on this!!! ]]]"

His excitement for this specific coil leads me to believe that he already has one.  And the size would work better in heavy iron infested sites.

• Like 2

A 4x2.5" coil would be a game changer for the Manticore being a nugget machine.  I always assumed if they were to make a great little size like that, they would save it for the Gold Monster 2000 multi frequency machine.

My assumption was always if Minelab started to get good competition they would do more with coils, either by making better and more coils themselves or opening their detectors up more to the aftermarket.

Maybe we are starting to see the results of competition.

• Like 3