The Piddle Point

That is a total thing of beauty,very well done,how old roughly would that be ?? we find occasionally similar arrow heads here in the UK but they are 1000s of years old but not sure how that would relate to across the pond.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RickUK said:

That is a total thing of beauty,very well done,how old roughly would that be ?? we find occasionally similar arrow heads here in the UK but they are 1000s of years old but not sure how that would relate to across the pond.

I researched it and narrowed I.D. down to either Elko Corner Notched vs Hells Canyon Corner Notched…size leans towards Elko, location leans towards Hells Canyon which were 200-1200yrs ago. Elko are much older, 1500-4500yrs ago!

• Like 2

I have found a few old bottle dumps myself umm, standing at the edge of a ravine at the tree line. 🤣 Necessity can also be the mother of great finds 🤔

I admire your "pluck", and for sure the point. 👍 🙂 Lucky find!

• Haha 1

So is that your 1st point Peg? It's a beauty and congrats! Good work on your identification Research, and welcome to the fabulous hobby of artifact hunting, and collecting. You are now an official member of the club, and more will surely follow. Happy hunting and good luck!

Doc

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

So is that your 1st point Peg? It's a beauty and congrats! Good work on your identification Research, and welcome to the fabulous hobby of artifact hunting, and collecting. You are now an official member of the club, and more will surely follow. Happy hunting and good luck!

Doc

First whole one found by myself! I found a couple partials while hunting with an experienced friend. This one is special….I’m really enjoying this new hobby😊

• Like 1

Sometimes you just gotta go Low and Slow.

Beauty there!

• Like 2

You got that right double D! Just get out there and piddle around and you are bound to turn something up.

• Haha 1

Beauty of a find!

• Thanks 1