Fall Prospecting Is Simply The Best

Looks promising from what I can see. and I have to say I love the area that your in.

How deep is the hole for the pump that your using on the sluice?

Have you tried the bottom of the creek yet and if so what has it turned up.

Good luck and good hunting.

Thanks for posting the pictures and bye the pictures you’re on the gold again.

Right now you’re the only one keeping us water Ducks going because we can’t be doing it ourselves.

Chuck 

I remember seeing a sluice set up composed of nothing but a long slick plate and rows of Magnets underneath. The field from the rows of Neodymium Magnets underneath the sluice bed would catch the Magnetite above as it flowed, the built up magnetite would form the “riffles”. The set up was for running WaterFront beach Sand …  I liked how simple the concept was.. I’ve never tried this method but it SEEMED fairly easy to pack in, setup, dial in, run…,break down and pack out..

On 9/18/2023 at 5:52 AM, John-Edmonton said:

Bugs are gone, cool weather and low water opens up more gold-rich gravel. I think I found another pay streak today, judging by the amount of gold showing in my hopper drop zone on the sluice. Ran out of time to clean it this evening. Will do a final clean up later on this week.

gold1.jpg.de602fea92a047e9eaa704d5b94f7634.jpg

gold2.jpg.d8ec70c6fc44958c7032f4c135e7ca44.jpg

Good morning John!

Question for you. What do you use for a battery and did you make the PVC wash bars attached to the top of the highbanker? Is that the California made highbanker? I forgot the name of that company. Thank you John!

Thanks for sharing those items, looks to be rather light weight than what I currently use.