This Stuff Nearly Costs As Much As Gold............

You go buy some of that so good tasting stuff you going have to put a fair amount of money out .

It good if you setup to make your own but it still don’t make it cheap just cheaper.

Chuck 

John  

I’ve seen it so cold that I had to put one sleeping bag in another trying to keep warm. Even then I wasn’t sure  that I wasn’t going to freeze to death.

Chuck 

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

John  

I’ve seen it so cold that I had to put one sleeping bag in another trying to keep warm. Even then I wasn’t sure  that I wasn’t going to freeze to death.

Chuck 

Yup, Chuck. I remember, back in my fur-hunting days, mid December, sleeping in the divide basin in Wyoming at 7,000', in the open bed of my little Chevy LUV 4x4. One bag inside another, and my Air Force arctic parka over the whole thing. Not a human within 40 miles. Worst part was getting up in the pre-dawn at -20 degrees, and praying the truck would start. ..................................best days of my entire outdoor career....LOL

Jim

Jim 

Now you got me started and this took place in Thule Greenland when I was in the Air Force.

When it got total darkness in the winter it was nothing to be -65 below without any wind . With any wind a 100 below was nothing.

You always never got too far away  a building because a storm could come up quickly.

One time a storm came up in about 30 minutes lasted 3 days blowing at 150 with gust that hit around 175 miles a hour.

I can truly say I’ve been to the North Pole . One time in a C 47 and a double blade Helicopter .

I was there between 64 to 65 .

Chuck 

I love trapping and I’d do it each winter but nothing cold like that.

Most people wouldn’t know what a blue hide is.

Yessir...,that is REALLY cold doins, for sure. Worst I saw was a job at Crested Butte Colorado in '73. -44 every single morning for 10 weeks. But super arid, and with the high elevation (10,800') sun, not that bad. Wind is a super-killer. Back in Feb of '89 we had -40 and 40mph wind for several days. Windchill at -90. Killed everything that couldn't find shelter from the wind....elk deer, antelope (lost 80% of the state herd), coyotes, cattle, sheep. Same happened in '48- '49, but I wasn't here then...LOL. Easy to look back on, from a warm house, but not funny at the time. John, up there in Edmonton, puts up with extreme temps a big part of the time. Don't know how he does it...Ha!, but he's got my respect.

Jim

6 hours ago, John-Edmonton said:

Here's my jerky fresh out of my dehydrator this afternoon.

Nice looking jerky, how did you flavor it.