A Couple More Heavenly Lake Finds

52 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Hell yeah!   That’s a great haul!  May I ask what part of the country you’re in?

Southern California

8 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Well done.  I've only done a little bit of lake hunting in Havasu and that was many years ago.

I'm eagerly awaiting a 'return to normal' swells if the southern Pacific and El Nino kick in as they predict.

Thanks M, Yes, I hope El Nino is good to us!

8 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Well done!!!!

RR

TY

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Very nice finds at the lake and hope you have more luck at the other lakes.

Stay safe out there and good luck.

Thanks VL, Nice to be able to hunt year-round but those mountain lakes can get pretty cold.

2 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Hell yeah!   That’s a great haul!  May I ask what part of the country you’re in?

Thanks toad, As I mentioned, SoCal. Most of my lakes are man-made and newer so, unfortunately,  I never find old jewelry or silver coins

1 hour ago, jim tn said:

Yeah, nice haul! HH jim tn

Thanks Jim!

Nice work Compass you are making me jelly as the kids would say lol...curious about how deep some of these have sank guess it depends on the type of lake bottom...I remember the one you showed was a sunbaker are most targets fairly shallow? 

strick 

2 hours ago, okara gold said:

Nice group of jewelry! Those crucifix's are nice to find.

Thanks og, Seems like I went years and years without finding a gold crucifix or cross but now the collection is starting to grow.

25 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Your having a great year! Love the gold!

Thanks OBN, Mostly smaller jewelry but no complaints, especially, since I missed a couple months of detecting.

IMG_20231018_101655.jpg

20 minutes ago, strick said:

Nice work Compass you are making me jelly as the kids would say lol...curious about how deep some of these have sank guess it depends on the type of lake bottom...I remember the one you showed was a sunbaker are most targets fairly shallow? 

strick 

Thanks Strick, Oh I know the feeling seeing some of the amazing finds here and other sites. It really is incredible how much treasure is out there and, I believe, we find a relatively small portion of it. Most of these recent lake finds have been very shallow, some being right on top. These lakes get detected pretty regularly so I believe that most of what I have been finding has been lost during the past year.

2 hours ago, Compass said:

Thanks og, Seems like I went years and years without finding a gold crucifix or cross but now the collection is starting to grow.

IMG_20231018_101655.jpg

Nice display! I better start hunting the “holier” beaches. 😆