Minelab Gold Monster Large Or Small Coil

I have had the Monster since the beginning. I run without discrimination all the time. Depending on mineralization of the ground I will run in Auto  or Auto + when I first get to a site. Once I have found either gold or lead I will test various manual settings until I get the best signal response. I will then use the manual setting until something in the ground changes and makes the background noise, threshold, change. Just for clarity in theory this machine has NO threshold but if the ground is very hot(highly mineralized) you will hear chatter and that is what I am calling threshold with this machine. If that happens I will retest in manual again for the best response. Lacking a freshly dug gold or lead target I always have a 0.25 gram test nugget to set up my detector. Other than that when the detector gets noisy, erratic threshold, I ground balance. In hot or highly mineralized soil I find myself doing that often. And last but certainly not of least importance is to go very slow ... if you think you are going slow try a little slower! Be sure to cover the entire ground in front of you with overlapping Sllloooowwww swings.

• Like 3