Tom Dankowski’s Settings For The Minelab Manticore

cjc

What the heck is up with Corona bottle-caps......I need a new custom Corona audio theme.

I;m convinced the Corona bottling plant is located in Perth, Western Australia and not Mexico.

Untitled.jpg

Just now, Tony said:

What the heck is up with Corona bottle-caps......I need a new custom Corona audio theme.

I;m convinced the Corona bottling plant is located in Perth, Western Australia and not Mexico.

Untitled.jpg

No Kidding! 75% of the caps that I used to dig before learning their ID were Corona. Must be the beach advertising on the TV that they do. "If you're at the beach, you gotta drink Corona!" Ha!

5 hours ago, Tony said:

Would the "Deep Beach" setting achieve similar results. It engages the "Prospecting" audio theme automatically.

Also, if you select All Metal, are the ferrous Limits no longer relevant?

Thanks,

Tony

For me I'm chasing fine gold jewelry which Beach LC is much better than deep mode or any other mode on my beach.. 

30 minutes ago, fishersari said:

For me I'm chasing fine gold jewelry which Beach LC is much better than deep mode or any other mode on my beach.. 

I think I shall probably do the same but I will do some beach tests between the two....I'm guessing not much between the two modes.

36 minutes ago, TampaBayBrad said:

No Kidding! 75% of the caps that I used to dig before learning their ID were Corona. Must be the beach advertising on the TV that they do. "If you're at the beach, you gotta drink Corona!" Ha!

It's weird but I've got this urge to grab a 24 pack of icy cold Corona.....it is summer down here afterall.

Brad....have you had any corrosion problems with the charging pins (on the detector pod). I do plan to rinse after every hunt and maybe a bit of Isopropyl alcohol on the pins afterwards.

21 minutes ago, Tony said:

Brad....have you had any corrosion problems with the charging pins (on the detector pod). I do plan to rinse after every hunt and maybe a bit of Isopropyl alcohol on the pins afterwards.

No, not at all. I rinse after every hunt also. One time my charging light didn't come on when I connected so I rubbed both contacts (wire and detector) with a dry cloth and it started charging. That's the only time anything happened. Contacts look like new.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 2:59 PM, cjc said:

(...) .  This brings in the machine’s filtering (bias) to  assist in  pushing the “random” part of the signal  down into the iron tone.  The noise of this iron tone takes some getting used to but the results are surprising.

(...) 

Clive, in this extra mode, I understand you that those extradeep targets will sound still ferrous? Is that correct?

If yes, that means we have to dig every ferrous sound? Or is something special in that particular ferrous sounf targets that could tell us that are pushed by that "special" configuration? 

1 hour ago, Airtemisa said:

Clive, in this extra mode, I understand you that those extradeep targets will sound still ferrous? Is that correct?

If yes, that means we have to dig every ferrous sound? Or is something special in that particular ferrous sounf targets that could tell us that are pushed by that "special" configuration? 

I don't understand your question or the context--what post it's in response to. 

cjc

16 hours ago, Airtemisa said:

I don't think that is what he is saying. No way I dig ferrous sounds unless I suspect it may be junk jewelry which sometimes adds a good target "ding" sound along with the ferrous grunt. I run my ferrous volume at about 10 instead of 25 like Dankowski does and I can differentiate easily between ferrous and nonferrous. When you get a combination off both sounds, check your 2 D screen and see where it's plotted and which numbers the TID is bouncing around and if you're getting a red line to decide if you want to dig to investigate. Crossing up from different directions may result in a more "no dig" sound than just checking one direction.