Man Do I Feel Stupid

To mess up means at least I was out doing something, right lol.

• Like 7

I remember many years ago ( 2001 ) when I was a relative new chum, I walked around with my GP Extreme / mono coil in cancel mode for about an hour. Somehow the switch had been knocked in transit. I wondered why my unit was running so quiet until I discovered why ! Gave myself an uppercut and didn't do that again !
Rick

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

DSmith,

If it wasn't for stupid/dumb things I've done while out prospecting, I'd have far less stories to share with others.

You're now a member of a very large club of fellow gold hunters that have made similar mistakes.

Life without mistakes would be very boring (that's what I convince myself of when I mess up). 😆

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lanny said:

DSmith,

If it wasn't for stupid/dumb things I've done while out prospecting, I'd have far less stories to share with others.

You're now a member of a very large club of fellow gold hunters that have made similar mistakes.

Life without mistakes would be very boring (that's what I convince myself of when I mess up). 😆

All the best,

Lanny

Yep I have done plenty of stupid things in my life, some of them I do not even care to share or think about, I chalk them up to another learning experience, I have set and watched people do some stupid things and been on the other end of the stick and done some stupid things, i just tell myself, (I wont be doing that ever again) LOL

but I know it will probably happen again at some point just hope its not to soon so I can chalk it up to being old

• Like 3

Worst I did was go to Montana  fly fishing and forgot my reels  stopes in Dillon Montana to my sweet spot and damn no reels   Had to go to the store and buy one  thank god they had the Loomas reels at a good price spent that Christmas fishing the Clark  fork 25 degrees  cast bring it in dip in the river to unfreeze then cast  again  it was finnaly a good day catch and release every cast     plan was go to seAttle and home missed the good spot been lucky on the detector  stuff did for get the pick once but used sticks   We all do it as long as you make it home safe and don’t leave

your detector  I hear of that happening a few Times

dohh 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, araratgold said:

I remember many years ago ( 2001 ) when I was a relative new chum, I walked around with my GP Extreme / mono coil in cancel mode for about an hour. Somehow the switch had been knocked in transit. I wondered why my unit was running so quiet until I discovered why ! Gave myself an uppercut and didn't do that again !
Rick

been there on my 4500 when I first got it 🙂

• Like 2

Guess I am in an elite group of people

Going to start telling people I am a member of the (Stupid Things We Have Done Group) Happy to be a part of such an illustrious group of people LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Drellim said:

Worst I did was go to Montana  fly fishing and forgot my reels  stopes in Dillon Montana to my sweet spot and damn no reels   Had to go to the store and buy one  thank god they had the Loomas reels at a good price spent that Christmas fishing the Clark  fork 25 degrees  cast bring it in dip in the river to unfreeze then cast  again  it was finnaly a good day catch and release every cast     plan was go to seAttle and home missed the good spot been lucky on the detector  stuff did for get the pick once but used sticks   We all do it as long as you make it home safe and don’t leave

your detector  I hear of that happening a few Times

dohh 

Fortunately have never miss placed a detector while out detecting, but I did drive off and forgot to pick up a $1000 chainsaw one time when I was out cutting firewood, that one hurt because I used that saw to make money with, drove back 60 miles to the last place I had used it and Bigfoot or someone beat me to it

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Oh my! 1