Man Do I Feel Stupid

7 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Whadda buncha goofballs we are !  It all sounds perfectly normal to me . 😏

Yep we are all in good company that's for sure

• Like 2

Met up with a couple buddys, at the grocery store in Foresthill, Ca. I grabbed my gear, jump in their truck, heading to a GR camp, to relic hunt. We arrive an hour later, I get out, go to grab my Deus 1...realize I only have the lower stem and headphones! So, spent couple hours hunched over like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, swing just the coil, lmao. When we got back to Foresthill, I see someone kindly moved the rest of my Deus, off the asphalt, to a picnic table! Gotta love small towns!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, DSMITH said:

Yep we are all in good company that's for sure

When you reach a point where you can't do anything else ... go and detect.  

Results are not required.  

• Like 3

I bet most of post here are by those over 60  🫣

I have made most of those stupid mistakes but the funnies was digging at a tree root. My prospecting mate was filling in a hole at tree root. I said that hole was fairly deep do you mind if see what it sound like, thing  like him it was a tree root. It was a soft broad signal. I said I would have a go at it. I pulled out a two ounce nugget and said that is your, no way and gave to his wife to keep.........Well that sets up the mood for the spot. I got a signal 20 yards away at the base of a tree similar to his nugget. Of cause I went deep but it got softer so I went on the other side of the tree and got the same volume signal after I had dug a deep hole the signal got softer as the coil went in the hole, BUT as I pulled the coil out in disgust the signal got louder as I raised it above ground level. Why, well the tree had grown over a house shoe and was over 2 feet high and was completely invisible and covered with bark. All my hopes up for a bloody horse shoe.  🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

I've decided we need to look at this as an exclusive club , not embarrassing confessions.

Old Farts Club , Dumbasses Anonymous  , Absent Minded Professors , Brotherhood of Boneheads ? None sound appropriate ......🤔hmmmmmmm . 

I hereby induct all those on this thread into my YARC. (You "Ain't Right" Club )

Not because of the actual stories but because you had no problem posting them in public !  OK , maybe because of the stories....🙄

Now we shall all go forth and multiply (these stories of "Ain't Rightness" ,,,like we have a choice 🙄)

🖖Live Long and Prospect

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Old Farts Club

Who you calling old fart. I'm 74 will be 75 February 2nd. My body tells me I am maybe 45 at this point but next morning my brain says "Damn we hurt today ... what the hell were you thinking about yesterday?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Me thinks thou doth protest too much Mike . 

But that in itself is a possible worthy story  😜 (I was 27 until last year when I turned 70) 

Some deny "Ain't Rightness" , at first.  

But it always sinks in eventually as more of these events happen..... those lists do help but what happens when the list is forgotten or lost ?🤯

Speaking for myself I'm not talkin' ! (which might be an indication of lost memory)😏 but I bet everybody could add at minimum one more story ? 

I was born a musician and ALL musicians "Ain't Right" , we even have to practice it all the time.

I never realized how bad I had it till a friend told me , 147 times.....😯

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, geof_junk said:

I bet most of post here are by those over 60  🫣

I have made most of those stupid mistakes but the funnies was digging at a tree root. My prospecting mate was filling in a hole at tree root. I said that hole was fairly deep do you mind if see what it sound like, thing  like him it was a tree root. It was a soft broad signal. I said I would have a go at it. I pulled out a two ounce nugget and said that is your, no way and gave to his wife to keep.........Well that sets up the mood for the spot. I got a signal 20 yards away at the base of a tree similar to his nugget. Of cause I went deep but it got softer so I went on the other side of the tree and got the same volume signal after I had dug a deep hole the signal got softer as the coil went in the hole, BUT as I pulled the coil out in disgust the signal got louder as I raised it above ground level. Why, well the tree had grown over a house shoe and was over 2 feet high and was completely invisible and covered with bark. All my hopes up for a bloody horse shoe.  🤣

I am not even going to go into the stupid things I did in my younger years, I did some pretty stupid things when I was young, things that I look back on today and say what to hell were you thinking back then, some of those stupid things could have cost me my life (Thank God) they did not, at least in my 60s I am smart enough to not pull the stunts I did in my teen years and 20s, I look at these kids these days and see some things that just stop me in my tracks and then I remember hey stupid you did some things that were just as dumb back when you were their age

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

I am not even going to go into the stupid things I did in my younger years

Me either.

I look back at my teen and early 20's years, and I cringe at a lot of what I said and did. I suspect most, if not all of us, can relate to that.

The mistakes I made now, wouldn't fall into the category of "stupid". It's more like making mistakes because I was rushing, or trying to cut corners for whatever reason. In other words, those mistakes aren't "stupid" mistakes, because I knew the possible repercussions of the actions, and rolled the dice anyway. However, when I was young, I didn't even consider repercussions for many things I did. I was truly "stupid" in that way. I guess realizing all of that, is what maturity and wisdom is all about.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

Me either.

I look back at my teen and early 20's years, and I cringe at a lot of what I said and did. I suspect most, if not all of us, can relate to that.

The mistakes I made now, wouldn't fall into the category of "stupid". It's more like making mistakes because I was rushing, or trying to cut corners for whatever reason. In other words, those mistakes aren't "stupid" mistakes, because I knew the possible repercussions of the actions, and rolled the dice anyway. However, when I was young, I didn't even consider repercussions for many things I did. I was truly "stupid" in that way. I guess realizing all of that, is what maturity and wisdom is all about.

Yep I was the same as you in them early days, but the way I look at it were all life learning experiences

• Like 3