Nothing Like A Good Reference Book

George thanks for posting your book. I’ve got one coming now from Amazon and they showed it was the last one they had.

I knew a guy down on the coast at Corpus and he had a bait stand on Padre Island. He would walk behind the sand dunes and find Spanish coins sitting up like on a little toad stool. This was about the time in 67 some treasure hunters was working on three ships off of south Padre. The wind would cut the sand away from the coin and leave it sitting on top. Most was cut coins this how they made change back then .

Chuck 

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

George thanks for posting your book. I’ve got one coming now from Amazon and they showed it was the last one they had.

I knew a guy down on the coast at Corpus and he had a bait stand on Padre Island. He would walk behind the sand dunes and find Spanish coins sitting up like on a little toad stool. This was about the time in 67 some treasure hunters was working on three ships off of south Padre. The wind would cut the sand away from the coin and leave it sitting on top. Most was cut coins this how they made change back then .

Chuck 

Yes I have experienced finding coins that the wind undercut the sand. The most gold rings I found at one time was a minus tide at Rehobeth Beach Delaware. You could see little circles in the muddy bottom which held gold rings and coins. A day to remember.

• Like 1

Here’s something that is great to have when you have lots of coins to look at. This I got off of Amazon and I think I paid 42 for it. I find it well worth the money.

Chuck 

E92DBE60-DBC7-44C7-A471-23DE7EA2E834.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/24/2024 at 9:15 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Here’s something that is great to have when you have lots of coins to look at. This I got off of Amazon and I think I paid 42 for it. I find it well worth the money.

Chuck 

Got a similar model just for that. When I first used it the images weren't as clear as I expected but figured for the money it wasn't all that bad..... After a half hour or so using it I realized there is a little clear dust cap that I forgot to remove 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I hate when that happens ! 🙃  But I bet it won't ever happen again ! 😉 

Those sure do beat a pair of readers  and a flashlight ! 👍

I got a magnifier app for my phone that works pretty good and fits in my pocket.

I can remember being mom's eyes for fine print as a kid ,,,,,, my turn needing help  now !  🙄

On 1/24/2024 at 7:15 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Chuck 

That would have been nice to have while I was trying to find all of my 1982s it's not so bad when they are pristine but when they get a few years of dirt on them the small vs large date can be quite the challenge.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 9:15 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Here’s something that is great to have when you have lots of coins to look at. This I got off of Amazon...

On 1/25/2024 at 10:21 PM, kac said:

Got a similar model just for that.

Could you guys either post links (if you're logged into Amazon, upper right click on "Returns and Orders", then easy to put in keyword for its search) or at least a model name(s) and number(s)?  I'm a sucker for those kinds of eyesight enhancers...

• Like 1

GB

Just go to Amazon and put coin magnifier with light on a search. It’s all kinda of price’s but they have two that look like mine at 45 49 plus change.

The one I got for about the same price works great and I don’t see why you would want to spend more.

Here’s a better shot of a run of the mill wheat Penny. Just don’t put a finger under it because it will true show how old you are.

Chuck 

221D68E7-DD33-43A9-A22D-41511D6924AA.jpeg

• Like 2