AlgoForce E1500

On 2/2/2024 at 11:20 AM, phrunt said:

My 10" spiral is going to stomp all over the Sadie, that I'm confident of, the smallest spirals are powerful little coils, that 12x8" EVO would be a good coil.  The problem is the Sadie will likely handle hot rocks better than the spirals.

An interesting problem develops that as PI gets close to VLF sensitivity to small targets, it also lights up hot rocks a PI user never knew existed before. There is a balance there and it is extremely site dependent, not a this or that thing. I almost feel like getting the Sadie was a mistake but then again I won't know until I use it. My gut feeling is I will be using it in my worst or the worst areas, where the spiral wound advantage may actually be a disadvantage. Probably have to get both eventually but that can wait until I have an E1500 and actually use it enough with the Sadie to get a feel for it. I'll know pretty quick if the ground is challenging the Sadie that going to a spiral would not help... but then I wonder if how a spiral in Fine does versus the Sadie in Ultra Fine? Good news about a 6x10 as that gives me reason to wait anyway. :smile:

• Like 8

Yes, the Sadie is less sensitive, but it has hot edges! They can be a real advantage in some rocky ground, that's the primary reason I ordered one.

The 10x6" should be good, It makes sense to use the shell they already made for that size.

All exciting times.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

I can't wait for Phrunt to get his hands on his & give us his reviews. I am counting the shoot gun pellets already. 😂

Mines landed in Christchurch now, if I could I'd be driving there now to pick it up, I hate when weekends arrive right as a parcel is about to be delivered delaying it another 2 days.  

I'll gradually work out ways to deal with pellets, the scrape method usually gets rid of a many, the 6000 you do a scrape not even half an inch off the surface and a soft mellow gold sounding target becomes a screamer with a pellet, the 6000 goes from next to no response on a buried pellet to screaming on it with such a little amount of soil removed its frustrating, it really doesn't have much depth on pellets unless they're bigger ones or not the older lead ones.

The GPZ with 8" is a different story going far deeper on them and makes it a bit harder but at least it does the double blip on the surface ones and the deeper ones the 6000's missing anyway.

The Algoforce might have some way to try work them out, there is usually some tell tales signs, never 100% accurate or even close but in a field of pellets anything helps.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'll gradually work out ways to deal with pellets, the scrape method usually gets rid of a many, the 6000 you do a scrape not even half an inch off the surface and a soft mellow gold sounding target becomes a screamer with a pellet, the 6000 goes from next to no response on a buried pellet to screaming on it with such a little amount of soil removed its frustrating, it really doesn't have much depth on pellets unless they're bigger ones or not the older lead ones.

There can also be very small gold on/near the surface as well. Many a piece I have found literally in the grass & caught up in the roots as I am sure you have as well. If you plan on going over old "proven" ground the slightly bigger deeper bits just may not be there any more. I wait with baited breath on your results.

D4G 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

An interesting problem develops that as PI gets close to VLF sensitivity to small targets, it also lights up hot rocks a PI user never knew existed before.

Yes I thought of this also. However if the soil mineralization indicator works like I think it would indicate you should see a jump in higher value numbers while passing the coil over a hot rock. I used this on the older Whites GMT. I like the idea of a numerical ground mineralization on the main screen too. I like it much better then mineralization bars as on some of the newer VLF's. While I have tried to keep up with all the posts on the E1500 I may have missed any discussion on this.

• Like 1

Detech 6" and the Detech 10x6 might be alternatives for the 8x6 NF on the E1500. I believe they are waterproof too while the Sadie is not. I use the Sadie on my 5000 and like it very much. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

An interesting problem develops that as PI gets close to VLF sensitivity to small targets, it also lights up hot rocks a PI user never knew existed before. There is a balance there and it is extremely site dependent, not a this or that thing. I almost feel like getting the Sadie was a mistake but then again I won't know until I use it. My gut feeling is I will be using it in my worst or the worst areas, where the spial wound advantage may actually be a disadvantage. Probably have to get both eventually but that can wait until I have an E1500 and actually use it enough with the Sadie to get a feel for it. I'll know pretty quick if the ground is challenging the Sadie that going to a spiral would not help... but then I wonder if how a spiral in Fine does versus the Sadie in Ultra Fine? Good news about a 6x10 as that gives me reason to wait anyway. :smile:

Yes I agree Steve, the Sadie and ultra fine is picking up hot rocks I never knew existed in some areas. Mainly larger close to the surface rocks.   Small spiral coils and fine seems to handle them better. Early days though. 

• Like 6

I think your right simon,  that 10" x-coil spiral should be deadly on the E15000.    

Currently my favourite is the "9 round coiltek elite. When I get the new shaft I'll be trying larger coils like the 15" evo and some 18" coils.

• Like 2