Changed It Up With The D2 And Got A Db Copper

It was a bit cold this morning with the windchill in the teens, but the sun was out for the first time in ages so I was going to go out detecting!

I've been using the 13" coil on my D2 for the last couple of months so I decided to give the 9" coil some exercise today. I also haven't hunted in Relic mode for a long time so I gave that a shot as well. Pickings were slim as I had expected, so I was surprised to dig this 1801 Draped Bust. It was deepish at 8 inches or so. I flipped through several programs before I dug the target and Relic did hit it the hardest. This site is known for a lot of bent crusty 200 to 300 year old square nails. Even with the IAR set at 5, it was still getting a good amount of chirping.

Β 

Lodge

20240204_163608 7.jpg

1801 D 20240204_163654 2.jpg

1801 DB 20240204_092122 6.jpg

Outstanding! πŸ†

Have you tried setting notch to 00-00 in relic?

It might make things a little less chirpy, but keep an old reliable next to it to verify iron.

Nice job cleaning up, beautiful coin. I wouldn't be able to stand wind chill in the teens, so bravo. πŸ‘

Thanks F350. Yeah, I did have 00 notched. The chirping was just a bit of a nuisance, it didn't slow me down too much. I had the Sensitivity at 96 and Max Frequency at 24 kHz. Next time I'll drop the Sensitivity a bit and raise the Max frequency and see what that does.Β 

I was surprised at how hard Relic hit it compared to my other programs with the same Reactivity and Sensitivity.

Nice find.Β  That's a survivor given the way the ground likes to eat 100% copper coins after two centuries nibbling away.

On 2/5/2024 at 7:44 PM, Lodge Scent said:

Thanks F350. Yeah, I did have 00 notched. The chirping was just a bit of a nuisance, it didn't slow me down too much. I had the Sensitivity at 96 and Max Frequency at 24 kHz. Next time I'll drop the Sensitivity a bit and raise the Max frequency and see what that does.Β 

I was surprised at how hard Relic hit it compared to my other programs with the same Reactivity and Sensitivity.

Yep, that's why Chase and I are using it. It's all blips and then a "rrrrraaaoowww" when it finds something. Best I can describe it.

That was a fairly low mintage year, what does the reverse look like? You probably won't want to sell it but look at the value. πŸ™‚

21 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Β It's all blips and then a "rrrrraaaoowww" when it finds something. Best I can describe it.

Β 

Yeah that describes it pretty well F350. πŸ™‚Β 

Reverse has less detail. But you can tell it was a well-struck coin. Those early Draped Busts seem to be well-struck.Β