AlgoForce E1500 Directly Under Power Lines

7 hours ago, palzynski said:

The little bit of wire you found in the video shows TID 10-12  . I wonder how much bigger irons would ID ..  Vs small and big coins .  Just to know if the E1500 can discriminate coins vs irons , the 1000$ question ... 🙂

I found a small nail too and its ID was 16 I think, I've not experimented much yet with junk targets vs good targets, but I think it could be used for cherry picking if you had certain coins you knew the ID of that you wanted to find, and just ignored all other ID's as the ID's pretty damn accurate.  

• Like 5

Glad to see more of your videos and updated testing with live action finds.

Being the 1st to find gold with it in your area is a nice chest bump to you, well done my friend.

Keep  sharing with us the goods/bads.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2024 at 10:44 PM, phrunt said:

Today I took the Algoforce to a gold area, the first thing I did was put it under some powerlines in the gold area and see how well it would do, the 6000 is very ratty under and even some distance from these lines, the 7000's also a little unstable but more usable at higher sensitivity than the 6000, the reason this is important to me is I've found good gold around these exact lines, biggest bit was .7 of a gram only a few meters from where this video was filmed with the GPZ and 8" X-coil.  So being able to run nicely around these lines is a big plus.

So, rather than my word, here is a video

This was my first target under the lines, unfortunately just a little bit of wire, but a demonstration of how it works under them with a target.

I will do a post about the rest of the day also; this was just my first target as I entered the area I was going to be detecting and like every new coil or detector I wanted to test it under these power lines as these ones run straight through a gold area.  I'm sure if you went back through some previous posts, you'll see the 6000 here, and the 7000.  

Again, I haven't watched these videos back yet I only just got home, I have no idea if its windy, or if there are any other disturbances, I like to do raw video, not editing out bits and pieces.  I like people to see exactly what I see.  

By the way I found gold, so hopefully I'm the first E1500 paying customer to find gold with it!! that'd be cool.

I have never ran out of likes as much as I have ran out since this new E1500 has been in your hands phrunt LOL

but here is a Great Big Thumbs up for all the testing you are doing, they are all greatly appreciated by a lot of us that are interested in this new detector

Gonna have to find me some Emoji's to start inserting in my replies because i keep abusing that thumbs up button and the Winners Cup LOL

• Like 1

Phrunt, I am very disappointed. You have left out a very important fact in this first outing review. Where is the photo of all the shotgun pellets you found & what was the gold to pellet ratio? Sorry, that makes it two important facts. 😂

D4G

1 hour ago, dig4gold said:

Phrunt, I am very disappointed. You have left out a very important fact in this first outing review. Where is the photo of all the shotgun pellets you found & what was the gold to pellet ratio? Sorry, that makes it two important facts. 😂

D4G

ahh yes, I usually do that, unfortunately I threw them out when I emptied my pocket as I have a very angry wife a few times when the washing machine gets filled with little pellets and bullets, I'd lost quite a few too as I was using them to test various things on the day.  I was using the scrape and detect method and I was also experimenting with the 00 target ID on shotgun pellets, so I wasted a lot of gold hunting time by experimenting and getting to know the detector, I think that's important to do though, especially for me as I have to have confidence in the gear I'm using or I just won't enjoy using it.  The more I experiment and test it the more I learn about it the more confidence I have in the detector.   

I am sure I took home with me about 30 pellets, so a 1 to 15 ratio 🙂 Although, I probably rejected as many as I dug by moving them on the first scrape, and lost another 10 experimenting.

I am going looking for gold with it again today at another spot with the other guy that lives around here that gold hunts albeit with far more success than me, JW.  It rained a lot over the past day and overnight which generally lights up the gold in the ground, no doubt plenty of fresh summer snow on the hill tops when the light kicks in soon too as it's been a bit of a short sharp cold snap so today I should be far more comfortable detecting with some snow to look up at whenever I feel hot and any breeze blowing over some snow to cool it 🙂 

Fingers crossed I can find some more with the Algo! 

• Like 3

• The title was changed to AlgoForce E1500 Directly Under Power Lines