Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Vortex Testers On The Forum

Ridge Runner

I'm guessing if it's a series the cheaper one comes out first that way  if there is something to improve they can do it on the next one, also a large chunk of buyers would end up buying each one in succession like the people with an 800 that bought a 900. I also don't think they can price like a detector made in Turkiye , China ,Malaysia ,or Bangladesh.

24 minutes ago, palzynski said:

For me Garrett cannot compete with Nokta on the current VLF detector market simply because the production costs are much lower in Turquey than in the US .  Especially with the current Turquish inflation . Impossible to beat a SMF SCORE2 at 370$  , or a SCORE at 300$ ..

Of course if Garrett proposes a breakthrough with a more performing technology , then the situation will be different ...

The answer in 2 days ... 🙂

Since you don't live here you can be excused for vastly overestimating Noktas presence and impact in the U.S. market. People on this forum may know all about them but they are a relatively rare sight here. I have never seen one in use here in Reno and never seen one for sale anywhere here either. If it was just my eyeballs at work and I was not on the forum I would never have heard of them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Since you don't live here you can be excused for vastly overestimating Noktas presence and impact in the U.S. market. People on this forum may know all about them but they are a relatively rare sight here. I have never seen one in use here in Reno and never seen one for sale anywhere here either. If it was just my eyeballs at work and I was not on the forum I would never have heard of them. 

Denver is a hotbed for Nokta products. Some of the big box stores sell them, there are a couple of part-time dealers that also are selling them here and our club has 14 members that are currently using the Legend very successfully. They switched from Garrett and Whites single frequency detectors and have not looked back. Minelab and XP are still the most popular detectors used in our club but Nokta is right behind them. 

Hopefully Garrett will become a popular detector at least in our club after this new release.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Denver is a hotbed for Nokta products. Some of the big box stores sell them, there are a couple of part-time dealers that also are selling them here and our club has 14 members that a currently using the Legend very successfully. They switched from Garrett and Whites single frequency detectors and have not looked back. Minelab and XP are still the most popular detectors used in our club but Nokta is right behind them. 

Hopefully Garrett will become a popular detector at least in our club after this new release.

I see lots of Minelab, Garrett, FT brands, and even White’s still. Denver is obviously a more sophisticated crowd I guess, probably does not hurt having you in the group. :smile:

• Like 1

I'm rootin for garrett for sure. Imo, minelab still leads in the smf technology. In my mild soil, the legend just didn't stack up with the nox, heck, the vanquish worked as well for me. Not to say the noktas are bad, just seemed to be lacking in a few areas. 

I got an early apex and loved the setup, build quality, coils and pretty much everything about it. Except in performance. It just didn't have it in the smf area. I hope for their sake, they've blown this out of the water. I'll wait a bit on this though to see what the verdict is as i know there will be all eyes on it hard and fast.  This is the only thing keeping me from buying a new xt elite right now.

• Like 2

I’m hoping that whatever the Vortex brings to the table in terms of performance improvement over the Apex, Garrett brings SOME of that improvement to the Apex in terms of an update. If it written in C or code a language that can be compiled to run on the Apex platform, why not. They could “Muntz” the code to allow a little more adjustability and performance over current code in the Apex.  It’ll bolster sales of both products-AKA- “New and improved Apex, and for even more performance, upgrade to a Vortex”.  

• Like 2

I just turned on the TV on a all western station and in capital letters was VORTEX under it it said words and pictures .

Now I can say I’ve seen that word more than one place.

I’m really wanting to see it Tuesday of this coming week. Hopefully it’s more in a word than we’ve ever seen before.

Chuck 

6 hours ago, Muddydogz said:

I'm rootin for garrett for sure. Imo, minelab still leads in the smf technology. In my mild soil, the legend just didn't stack up with the nox, heck, the vanquish worked as well for me. Not to say the noktas are bad, just seemed to be lacking in a few areas. 

Heard that same thing from the locals here in our mild soils that have ventured in that direction.

We should all be rooting for Garrett, crazy not to, the more competition in the marketplace the better.  We are hopefully on the final leg of the wait now to see what they can deliver.

• Like 2