Impulse AQ Or AlgoForce For The Beach?

• The title was changed to Impulse AQ Or AlgoForce For The Beach?

The Impulse was not really sold outside the U.S. so almost nobody in Australia has one. The E1500 is not for sale in the states yet. People here who have an Impulse probably like it for being submersible. The E1500 is not, so other than curiosity not much reason for an Impulse owner to get an E1500. Bottom line I will not be holding my breath for this head to head comparison to happen. I hope it does. My gut feeling is the Impulse probably has more punch on coin and ring size targets, but I have nothing really to base that on other than the fact that the E1500 seems aimed at small target proficiency, small gold nuggets specifically, and the Impulse was specifically designed for ring size targets. I'd expect either to have the edge for what they were designed to do. There in no denying the Impulse will work far better when submerged. :smile:

AlgoForce E1500 Specifications & Manuals

Fisher Impulse AQ Ltd Specifications & Manuals

algoforce-e1500-pi-metal-detector.jpg

fisher-impulse-aq-metal-detector-version-2.jpg

• Like 8

As few of the AQ's that are out there and the fact the e1500 is not water proof your not going to see that meeting happen until a water proof design is sold. What most don't realize is the e1500 company would need to make a water proof battery also to go with a water proof detector. It could be worked into the design with drop in 18650's or even better the 21700's. Be interesting to see if they go down that road. A 10 inch coil to go with the e1500 would be nice also, beach hunters do not have a collection of PI coils setting around.

• Like 3

When I’m able to get a E1500, I’m going to try to see about making it water proof for detecting the rivers here. Luckily it’s only got a pod and battery pack to worry about and not a large control box like the other Pulse Induction detectors out there.

Maybe Doc can brainstorm a cover for it that seals water out.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

When I’m able to get a E1500, I’m going to try to see about making mine water proof for detecting the rivers here. Luckily it’s only got a pod and battery pack to worry about and not a large control box like the other Pulse Induction detectors out there.

Maybe Doc can brainstorm a cover for it that seals water out.

At one time they had a d1 water proofing kit, wonder how close the sizes are on the control pad? That would be for the control unit and as far as the battery pack you could make one similar to the ones I made for the AQ..

another on the battery, I wonder what the voltage of the e1500 is? If its 12v you could run a Excalibur battery pack with a few changes to the hookup. Or you could build a battery pack to match the voltage and use the excalibur bat Pod.. 

20210503_155135.jpg

• Like 1

External 5V DC USB powerbank for Algoforce E1500

E1500_user_manual.pdf?v=1707796243

• Like 1

I'm hoping the Algoforce equals or outperforms the AQ for wet sand beach hunting. I don't need it to be waterproof. Waterproofing is unnecessary and just raises the price.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

I'm hoping the Algoforce equals or outperforms the AQ for wet sand beach hunting. I don't need it to be waterproof. Waterproofing is unnecessary and just raises the price.

Out performs, water proof and dependable ..I don't mind paying for. So far my AQ's have held up, be nice to have a machine equal or better, water proof (submersible for hours) and 100% dependable.

• Like 1