Second Hand AlgoForce For Sale Already !

Looks like Pioneer's E1500 sold quickly. His add has been taken down.

I think he would have found it to be a better performer if he was running better coils. The Sadie wouldn't be my first choice. Small spiral coils make it look very ordinary. In saying that it will always be in the E1500 detector bag because of its size.

The other big coil he had I think that there are better options available.

The coil cable issue is something I haven't noticed but will check when I'm out next.

• Like 1

The add was already pulled down when he came here to discuss his issues with it, however in his post here he referred to it as selling it, not sold it.

The Commander mono was a very odd choice to buy, and a retail boxed one at that, with the decades of history of people replacing the Commander coils with aftermarket coils for better results, he probably would have found the detector better with different coils, although maybe the Commander was a very good buy.

One of his concerns was the detector picking up the coil cable, and that would only be made worse with higher performance coils.

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

Very close, except it would be a KFC bucket, I never did fancy popcorn much 🙂

My employer genuinely did bribe me with buckets of KFC to take on overtime or work back late when necessary, paid of course, but the KFC was the clincher 🙂

Yuk...give me the popcorn! I've had food poisoning twice at KFC. I can't even walk into the place without gagging now....

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

21 hours ago, Nedkelly said:

Looks like Pioneer's E1500 sold quickly. His add has been taken down.

I think he would have found it to be a better performer if he was running better coils. The Sadie wouldn't be my first choice. Small spiral coils make it look very ordinary. In saying that it will always be in the E1500 detector bag because of its size.

The other big coil he had I think that there are better options available.

The coil cable issue is something I haven't noticed but will check when I'm out next.

I didn't sell it but decided to return it to Algoforce for a refund. 

The Sadie is the recommended coil Algoforce its even in the manual. I also tried a Nugget finder 18", a Coiltek 9" Elite as well as my Minelab 15" semi elliptical.

I did side by side target comparisons with 7000, 6000, 5000, 2300, equinox 900 and gold monster. It on air tests it it was only beaten by the 7000 and the monster and Equinox 900 which with their small coils could our smallest piece of 0.006g. On targets in the ground it saw every target the 6000 and 2300 found again it couldn't see one target in a larger piece of quarts that a monster found. 

For me the biggest issue is the ground balance, hunting mulloch heaps were the ground from each layer discarded can be completely different I would keep getting me the appearance of clear targets but end up being just ground noise. There isn't a dedicated ground balance button or trigger, in fact the ground balance is the second function of the right arrow button to toggle through the function menu. A long press on thus button activates ground balance you can release the button at any time but I likes to wait for the two confirmation beeps from the machine. This could take a very long time easily over twenty seconds sometimes. As I want a machine I can work fast to cover more ground, l don't like having to look at the screen to check how far the ground balance is out, then waste time re ground balancing every few meters.

On consistent ground I am sure it will do well. Just for me, on the same ground one after each other with the E1500 always going first I found substantial more gold with both the 2300 and gold monster.  We all want a new machine to find us more gold than our old ones, so this the ultimate reason why I am returning it. 

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

• 2 weeks later...