Second Hand AlgoForce For Sale Already !

11 hours ago, Whatsthetime said:

Would you guys think this COILTEK would be ok to use on the ALGO ??

PXL_20240217_064002572.MP.jpg

I've got the 14x9 " goldstalker ' blitz' series and it works very well on the E1500, bit of a surprise packet really. 

Ultra sensitive for its size  and nice and quiet over very hot ground just purrs along on the E1500. 

I think the 'blitz' series  were the first coiltek coils to use the litz wire . They was designed specifically to be used with the gpx 5000 in fine gold.  But it's also very compatible with the E1500. 

I'd imagine the coil in the photo would give similar performance. 

Other coils that work well on the E1500 are the Sadie coil , 9" round coiltek elite,  12" round nuggetfinder evolution. They are the pick of the coils I've tried so far in my collection .

2 hours ago, Nedkelly said:

I've got the 14x9 " goldstalker ' blitz' series and it works very well on the E1500, bit a surprise packet really. 

Ultra sensitive for its size  and nice and quiet over very hot ground just purrs along on the E1500. 

I think the 'blitz' series  were the first coiltek coils to use the litz wire . They was designed specifically to be used with the gpx 5000 in fine gold.  But it's also very compatible with the E1500. 

I'd imagine the coil in the photo would give similar performance. 

Other coils that work well on the E1500 are the Sadie coil , 9" round coiltek elite,  12" round nuggetfinder evolution. They are the pick of the coils I've tried so far in my collection .

Thanks Ned. Will try bext week.

I'm the guy selling the E1500.

There were a lot of little things that annoyed me with it, but they all add up. The main issue is it costs me gold. I've gone over the same ground using my SDC2300 and found pieces the E1500 missed. A friend using his Gold Monster picked up a small specimen in a patch I'd checked twice. I found myself covering a lot more ground quickly and confidently with the 2300.

I wasted a lot of time digging for ghost signals due to ground noise, even after ground balancing within a meter of the area. I don't want to have to keep my eyes on a screen to notice when the ground balance is off at one end of a swing.

With the Sadie coil on faint signals, often no numbers in the discrimination/pinpoint mode would show. With the larger coil in pinpoint mode, it would threshold drift and scream after ten seconds.

Changing coils is fiddly; you have to line up two sets of holes, one on the shaft and the others on the plastic spacer that can easily push down the shaft or turn slightly. The shaft isn't rigid enough for my liking, flexing under the weight of the larger coils. The design decision not to ship it with the rotator stop in the top joint means there is slop in the joint, which, with larger coils, allows it to loosen by itself.

Cable bump noises are very noticeable, even at the top where it enters the controller.

The inbuilt speaker is not crisp, clear, or able to go to a decent volume. My Gold Monster volume setting of 1 is louder and clearer than the E1500 at its maximum of 9.

Ultimately, it's all about the gold. I've only had the 2300 for just over a month, and interestingly, I paid about the same price secondhand for the E1500 body only. I tried to force myself to use the E1500 every day first thing, but I often stopped using it sooner than planned as the 2300 just gets out of the way and lets me concentrate on the ground in front of me. If anything needs to be changed on the machine, I don't even need to look at it. I can just feel there are no multi-layered options menus. I don't have to constantly re-ground balance from swing to swing. I don't need to view a screen or check a number, as the speaker is clear, loud, and expressive enough to know straight away if it's something worth investigating.

I was really excited when I first investigated the E1500, I'm sure a lot of people will love it, I'm just really disappointed and although they offer a thirty day money back. I've spent hundreds on coils and battery packs I have nothing else to use on, that's why I'm selling it. I hope Algoforce does well and becomes a worthy Australian competitor to Minelab.

13 minutes ago, Pioneer said:

I'm the guy selling the E1500.

There were a lot of little things that annoyed me with it, but they all add up. The main issue is it costs me gold. I've gone over the same ground using my SDC2300 and found pieces the E1500 missed. A friend using his Gold Monster picked up a small specimen in a patch I'd checked twice. I found myself covering a lot more ground quickly and confidently with the 2300.

I wasted a lot of time digging for ghost signals due to ground noise, even after ground balancing within a meter of the area. I don't want to have to keep my eyes on a screen to notice when the ground balance is off at one end of a swing.

With the Sadie coil on faint signals, often no numbers in the discrimination/pinpoint mode would show. With the larger coil in pinpoint mode, it would threshold drift and scream after ten seconds.

Changing coils is fiddly; you have to line up two sets of holes, one on the shaft and the others on the plastic spacer that can easily push down the shaft or turn slightly. The shaft isn't rigid enough for my liking, flexing under the weight of the larger coils. The design decision not to ship it with the rotator stop in the top joint means there is slop in the joint, which, with larger coils, allows it to loosen by itself.

Cable bump noises are very noticeable, even at the top where it enters the controller.

The inbuilt speaker is not crisp, clear, or able to go to a decent volume. My Gold Monster volume setting of 1 is louder and clearer than the E1500 at its maximum of 9.

Ultimately, it's all about the gold. I've only had the 2300 for just over a month, and interestingly, I paid about the same price secondhand for the E1500 body only. I tried to force myself to use the E1500 every day first thing, but I often stopped using it sooner than planned as the 2300 just gets out of the way and lets me concentrate on the ground in front of me. If anything needs to be changed on the machine, I don't even need to look at it. I can just feel there are no multi-layered options menus. I don't have to constantly re-ground balance from swing to swing. I don't need to view a screen or check a number, as the speaker is clear, loud, and expressive enough to know straight away if it's something worth investigating.

I was really excited when I first investigated the E1500, I'm sure a lot of people will love it, I'm just really disappointed and although they offer a thirty day money back. I've spent hundreds on coils and battery packs I have nothing else to use on, that's why I'm selling it. I hope Algoforce does well and becomes a worthy Australian competitor to Minelab.

Thanks Pioneer for not only joining the forum but for providing a very honest appraisal and feedback on the E1500.....I guess more specifically some of the things that you didn't care for.

Regards,

Tony

Pioneer, wow your prospective, good to read although opposite to mine.  

For those that have the AlgoForce, can some of Pioneer's concerns or observations be addressed or solved, etc?

Thanks.

Steve......if this thread morphs into some useful information then maybe a new topic might be in order? Maybe a "Troubleshooting Guide" or "FAQ" for the E1500.

On 2/17/2024 at 2:22 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

“I got it because I wanted more versatility. I sold it because there is too much going on”

So basically he is selling it because it is doing the thing he bought it to do. You don’t get versatility without extra complexity. Last thing I’d be doing is telling a SDC user they need one. The SDC is an excellent and very simple small gold vacuum cleaner. The AlgoForce is lighter costs less etc but I doubt it really would find gold any better. And I’m a bit doubtful of coils larger than 14x9 at most. That 15x12 you’d want a large battery to balance out the weight. Not a coil I'd want on the machine.

A U.S. buyer should grab fast though even with the bum coil. Beat everyone else by months at least.

Bottom line impulse buy try sell has always been and always will be a feature of the detecting world, especially when the price is this attractive. Going to be lots of new detectorists especially pop for these just to discover PI detecting is not for them. Some people might be better off with a Manticore and 5x8 coil.

I was hoping to have just one machine for the small, shallow gold around Creswick and the bigger, deeper gold elsewhere. I'm trying to live off gold. Currently, I can find a lot of pieces with the Gold Monster, but they don't add up to much weight. I get fewer pieces with the 2300, but they weigh more. However, I'm finding it hard to average more than half a gram a day. So, I thought I might be able to get the small pieces with the Sadie and then try to find some deeper ones with the Commander or an 18" Nugget Finder I've been lent.

It's not so much that it's complicated; it's just that it's fiddly and feels cheap in your hands. I'm going out every single day, and I don't want to waste any time. Also, I feel it would take a lot more to kill a 2300. I don't have money to waste. I had planned to sell the 2300 once I got the E1500. Trying the E1500 has given me a greater appreciation the quality and capabilities of the 2300.

Two differences in a sensitive PIs that has external coil wiring and Fixed GB shows the power of the SDC with internal secure coil wiring and Tracking GB in the hands of someone who has had for a month and onto gold already, illustrates the power of the SDC and the 6K

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

For those that have the AlgoForce, can some of Pioneer's concerns or observations be addressed or solved, etc?

Thanks.

Steve......if this thread morphs into some useful information then maybe a new topic might be in order? Maybe a "Troubleshooting Guide" or "FAQ" for the E1500.

I have brought most of my issues up with Algoforce. You can't simply phone a customer support line to discuss things. They only seem to communicate through email. Which they do do quickly.

They are working on a fix for the sloppy top join of the shaft. They are trying to find some very thin heat shrink tube that they could send out. 

I have made video recordings of all the issues, pinpoint mode no numbers, pinpoint mode freezing and screaming when removed from the ground all together, ground noise giving great sounding target noises even after being ground balanced a couple of seconds before and withing 50cm.

It's a brand new machine from a brand new company, there will be some teething problems. They are trying, they have already done one firmware update and I want them to succeed, so I not going to post any videos.

But they are watching and are aware of everything that going online about their machine. If anyone has any questions contact them directly through their website, you'll get a thorough response pretty quickly.

Welcome to the forum Pioneer. Thanks for the detailed explanation, and sounds like getting rid of the E1500 was the right thing for you. You are expecting things like full target id to max depth for instance, when I’d never expect that. The pinpoint mode is a non-motion mode, so yes it will drift. That’s the nature of a non-motion mode. The SDC at over twice the weight is a robust tank, so no doubt this featherweight machine feels cheap. And if I was a betting man I’d not bet on the E1500 picking up gold after a SDC but expect the opposite. Thats the crux of it, is it not? Thanks again for the report and best of luck with your gold finding this year. Perhaps we will hear about some success with your SDC on the main DP forum since you obviously won’t be hanging out on this one going forward.