New Member From Tennessee

L David Keith

Greetings to everyone. I'm David from Nashville, TN. I've been detecting for more than 40+ years. My main interest is American civil war relics as I gained interest in that period as a child, spent ten years as a civil war reenactor and began searching for relics in middle Tennessee in the early 1980s. That "hobby" became a passion when I found my first civil war bullet (US issue "Minie" ball or "3 ringer" as we like to call them) which led me to becoming a metal detector dealer in 1985. I became a dealer for Garrett, then Tesoro and became one of Minelab's earliest dealers. My collection today consists of over 15,000 civil war bullets, many accouterment plates (buckles), artillery shells, spurs, buttons and a host of non-dug collectables. I still enjoy finding new sites and war relics but I love old coins as well, especially if they pre-date 1870. This hobby has given me to opportunity to make friends from around the world and discuss history from other countries. Aside from the USA, I've enjoyed metal detecting in Mexico and South Africa. Good hunting, David

Relic frame CS - US.JPG

• Like 7

Welcome from East Texas.

• Like 1

Welcome LDK!

Already had the pleasure of your commenting on one of my posts, thanks for that. It's always great to have another authority on board. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcomes! Much appreciated. Good hunting, David

David,a massive welcome to the forum from just north of London.

• Like 1

Welcome to the crew David !

Nice display without a doubt ! 

I used to live out on Elm Hill Pk just across 40 from the airport and later down in Brentwood.

Good dirt to dig in Davidson County ...... 

• Like 1

Hi David,

Late with the welcome but as an old retired dealer I thought I’d better chime in. You and Dixie Metal Detectors have a long history and respected place in the industry and it’s an honor to have you here. :smile:

Do take advantage of the classifieds once you qualify. Just be aware we are jaded here so regular ads… well, boring. The membership is looking for your smoking hot deals, especially any used detector deals. All I ever ask in return is a little help answering member questions with the storehouse of knowledge I know you have. Win, win!

https://www.detectorprospector.com/topic/433-my-policy-regarding-dealers/

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Steve and all the members for the welcome, I appreciate it. I'll try and answer any questions pertaining to finds or current metal detectors. I get calls almost daily about repair; some brands are available for repair, some are not. For help with finds ID, my forte is American Civil War relics and prehistoric Indian artifacts. I'm no expert at anything but I will try to help to my best ability. Good hunting, David

Note: Shown is a reproduction aka: fantasy blade made sometime between the 1940s and 1960s by Bryan Reinhardt (Texas). He reproduced thousands of modern replica blades in a exaggerated size. His choice of material was "Edwards Plateau" flint which he mined in Texas and sawed blanks with his large rock saw. Today his originals are highly sought after by collectors. Copycats became the norm in the late 1960s-70s but their material, choice of types and workmanship varied from his originals. 

arrowheads 7 GG close up in hand.JPG

• Like 3